Dive Operations near Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flattering has no meaning in my dictionary.
Would you be treating "outside" guest same as your in-house guest? Probably not otherwise why would you emphasize the term in-house guest!
As for sweet spaghetti, I hope you are not churning out such delicacy for your international clients!

I dived with Housereef-Dumaguete when I was there for a photo contest in April. Locally run and operated. Very nice people and reasonable prices. No problem if you are staying somewhere else in town.

Dauin is 3500 pesos + sanctuary fees for 1 diver. 2 or more divers are a 1000 pesos per dive plus sanctuary fees. Current exchange rate is around 50 pesos to the dollar so that's $20 bucks per dive.

Their B&B was full so I didn't stay with them, only dived. They have their own jeepney to ferry you to Dauin. They also run trips to Apo Island and Oslob/Sumilon. Their website is House Reef Dumaguete – House Reef Dumaguete Any questions feel free to PM me.

You can read more about my trip on my blog.
Dumaguete and SEA Photo Contest-Part One
Dumaguete and SEA Photo Contest-Part Two
Dumaguete and SEA Photo Contest-Part Three

Last edited:
Bill thanks for the info I am going to check into that dive shop. By the looks of your blog that was a fun trip and some really good pictures. I cant wait to get back out to the pacific. I saw in your blog that you dove Guam some. I was stationed in Guam from 2003 to 2005 and we are going to be headed there after a week in dumaguete. I really miss the diving out there. Would your recommend more than one day to APO island or one day to Apo and then dive around duain? I am going to have 3 to 4 divers with one being a junior diver. I am debating on what to do for diving. I know we are going to go to APO and OSLOB but other than that I am not sure. We have some friends there in Dumaguete and they have a driver and van for us so we are pretty much free to explore. This will be our fist trip to that part of the PI I went to Subic bay with the navy but that is it. Thanks again for the info.

I dived with Housereef-Dumaguete when I was there for a photo contest in April. Locally run and operated. Very nice people and reasonable prices. No problem if you are staying somewhere else in town.

Dauin is 3500 pesos + sanctuary fees for 1 diver. 2 or more divers are a 1000 pesos per dive plus sanctuary fees. Current exchange rate is around 50 pesos to the dollar so that's $20 bucks per dive.

Their B&B was full so I didn't stay with them, only dived. They have their own jeepney to ferry you to Dauin. They also run trips to Apo Island and Oslob/Sumilon. Their website is House Reef Dumaguete – House Reef Dumaguete Any questions feel free to PM me.

You can read more about my trip on my blog.
Dumaguete and SEA Photo Contest-Part One
Dumaguete and SEA Photo Contest-Part Two
Dumaguete and SEA Photo Contest-Part Three

Bill thanks for the info I am going to check into that dive shop. By the looks of your blog that was a fun trip and some really good pictures. I cant wait to get back out to the pacific. I saw in your blog that you dove Guam some. I was stationed in Guam from 2003 to 2005 and we are going to be headed there after a week in dumaguete. I really miss the diving out there. Would your recommend more than one day to APO island or one day to Apo and then dive around duain? I am going to have 3 to 4 divers with one being a junior diver. I am debating on what to do for diving. I know we are going to go to APO and OSLOB but other than that I am not sure. We have some friends there in Dumaguete and they have a driver and van for us so we are pretty much free to explore. This will be our fist trip to that part of the PI I went to Subic bay with the navy but that is it. Thanks again for the info.

Sorry somehow I missed this :oops: I've been a bit distracted. I just completed my IDC and I.E. last month and am working on instructor specialties now so I've not been online as much. I've a feeling when I check my inbox that I'm going to find the notification buried in the junk mail :facepalm:

Interesting you were in Guam :) I'll be flying to the Philippines the end of this month for one last trip (guiding a couple people) and then I'm relocating to Guam the end of March. I expect my blog will start to focus more on Micronesia this year :wink: I expect to be teaching with MDA. If I'm there when you make your trip be sure to look me up!

One day at Apo Island would be fine I think. You could do two if you wanted. it's really nice diving. You already know you're going to Oslob. You might consider Siquijor Island also. I've not made those myself but heard good things about them. Going to any of those will be an extra fee of course for the boat and the distance.

Dauin is really muck diving. Great for people like me who are really into the small and the unusual. Others might not like it as much. Apo Island has walls, and more coral.

How long will you be in the Philippines? If you have 3 weeks, you could easily do the major dive destinations in the Visaya's. A couple days in Moalboal, hit Panglao Island in Bohol (you stop at Tagbiliran in Bohol when you take the ferry between Cebu City and Dumaguete), and definitely Malapascua if you can squeeze it in! :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom