Dive operator recommend key largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice property, kind of town house design, first floor has living area with kitchen and screen porch overlooking the canal and bedroom is upstairs, but no amenities for the wife & child, no pool, etc. Also, can be a noise problem on the balcony as loud music comes over the canal from Sharkey's restaurant. Have enjoyed our stay there a number of times and while it is an older facility, not 4 star, and needs some renovations it's clean and well managed.
Pool a must for my seven year old

---------- Post added October 17th, 2014 at 08:18 AM ----------

Keep in mind...ALL these dive ops run am and pm trip schedules..you WILL...be time limited due to boat scheduling... plan on 60 minutes and back on the boat.

Only way around that I know of..is either:
A: Hire the boat for yourself
B: Go out with a "friend" who has a boat and isn't running a schedule.

I'd suggest pm'ing Mscelaneous or Netdoc...they live and work with these ops...and can give you a straight steer.

Bubs

Yes I'm fine with group dive and understand boat diving protocols. I suppose I really just need an experienced wreck dive group more than just us diving alone. Oh and I always dive with gloves and prefer 100 or 120 tanks when I can find them.

---------- Post added October 17th, 2014 at 08:20 AM ----------

Do any of these operators teach wreck diving Padi specialty course?

Carlito-

There IS pool at that property... while not an Olympic sized, floating Tiki bar equipped superpool..its IS enough to keep a 7 year old entertained...

Also the units have semi equipped kitchens...which unless I miss my guess...would simplify things as far as kid munchies 4x's a day...lol.

Bubs

---------- Post added October 17th, 2014 at 10:17 AM ----------

Whoops..sorry...missed the Specialty course question...

If IT WERE ME.... I'd contact Eleana and Pete ( Mscelaneous and Netdoc). Not only are the INTIMATELY familier with the wrecks..literally hundreds of dives on them... you could do the wreck specialty and guide all wrapped up in one.

I'd highly recommend asking them about suggestions and availability schedule wise.....

Bubs

Thanks Bubs :hugs: for the recommendations.

Carlito, there are many good operations in Key Largo and we've dove with most of them over the years. If you search this forum, you will find many threads on this topic including often praised dive ops and accommodations recommendations. And we have plenty of big deep wrecks as well as some interesting historical shallow wrecks full of life. This is a great place to complete a wreck certification class.

Please feel free to contact me directly for more information.

One fairly nice place I've stayed is Ocean Pointe condos. It has several pools and the units I've stayed in are pretty nice. I've stayed there with dive buddies, my daughter and my fairly picky parents and all gave it a thumbs up. Conch Republic is one of the closer dive shops but all the others mentioned in this thread are no more than a 10 minute drive at most.

I think Elena would be a great instructor: as would Pete. I got to see both in action at the diveheart event in October. If they are already booked, most of the dive shops have staff instructors. Look at the Living and Diving in Three Quarters time thread for an example of a good dive instructor.

Last edited:
I stated there...agree with this review. I go solo on most dive trips (find a buddy on boat) so the no amenity thing was no issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you would be interested in a private boat charter trip to the wrecks I can help. I run a 6
pack boat out of Islamarada. Give me a PM and I will be in touch.

Dave

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom