Dive Operators in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Consider using a private, PADI certified dive instructor -- Ross James divingandsnorkelling@gmail.com I just returned from an exceptional dive trip, went by myself, to Phuket (Coral Island, Shark Point, Anemone Reef, Three Trees, Similan Islands, Richlieu Rock - Surin Islands) 2/24 - 3/6/08. I contacted Ross (I know his father in Oregon) and he made all the arrangements, knew all the dive sites, was my own personal dive instructor/guide, picked me up at the airport, etc., was cheaper than any other arrangements I could make and more personal attention. It was a great way to go. At least consider emailing him and it might be a better arrangement for you than trying to find a good dive company. I'm sure they exist, but the way I did it was in my mind more reliable. Bonnie

What ever you do, stay clear off Sea Bees Diving. Thats my only advice. They are cocky, expensive and has lousy rental equipment...

Marina Divers in Karon and Scuba Cat in Patong are good - I've dived with both of them (got certed by Scuba Cat). Marina comes off as more professional than SC.

Now that is a bit of a surprising statement to me. Could you explain?

Their boat was bigger. Their dive masters gave a more thorough briefing. Their dives were better organised.

Just my impression. I only did about 2 dives with each op. Those were my first ever dives so I could be completely wrong :)

What ever you do, stay clear off Sea Bees Diving. They are cocky, expensive and has lousy rental equipment...

"Tzay arrr ttze Germans"!

Did their DM wear camouflage and did you have to march into the water?

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom