Dive Op’s Limiting bottom time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that during a dive trip with an operation that limits bottom time so that they can keep to a schedule, you follow their rules for the week and then do whatever you want on the last dive because you know they have nothing they can hold over you anymore?

Actually, I think you understand exactly what he is saying.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that during a dive trip with an operation that limits bottom time so that they can keep to a schedule, you follow their rules for the week and then do whatever you want on the last dive because you know they have nothing they can hold over you anymore?
That's how I read it

Yes, I’m a horrible person and a terrible diver.

Well, that would not be my choice. I would not want to cause problems for the people on my dive who had plans for after the dive based on my schedule or the people scheduled to do the next dive. Maybe I'm just a meek old wuss who doesn't have the nerve to stand up and assert my right to do what I want.

Or maybe I’m jumping in first, well ahead of the slower folks and coming out of the water right after the last diver still in the water with me.

One should never make assumptions without all the facts. I’m not saying I’m not an ******* but I don’t want to get banned from a boat.

Or maybe I’m jumping in first, well ahead of the slower folks and coming out of the water right after the last diver still in the water with me.

Ummm...not what you said...

My favorite dives on recreational trips have been the last dive. 67 minutes...75 minutes...it's not like they are going to not let me dive again :D

LOL...I thought it was humor/sarcasm.:confused: Now maybe not so much...just seems like trollish behavior. Maybe I just need coffee. :) Either way probably not best to say or imply it's o.k. to disregard policies of the boat in the "Basic" forum. Might have been cute in the pub. :oops:

This is actually how some of the "air sippers" in our group handle it. Have your stuff ready to go and be first in the pool. In the larger groups that is going to give you at least a 10-15 minute time addition than everyone else would have.

Last edited:
My apologies. I forgot I was on ScubaBoard - “Where the world goes to learn to dive!”

This is actually how some of the "air sippers" in our group handle it. Have your stuff ready to go and be first in the pool. In the larger groups that is going to give you at least a 10-15 minute time addition then everyone else would have.

Thank you. Someone gets it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom