Dive ops on Molokai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up going with Molokai Fish and Dive. There were only three of us but they were able to make an exception because for all of us it was our last chance to dive there. Good dives, although not as much life as the Big Island but I did see my first shark (6' white tip) and a big ulua. Very cool! Great boat and crew, highly recommended.

I dove in Molokai in November 2007 with Molokai Fish & Dive and am pretty sure they're the only dive operation there.

The diving was pretty good, though not as good as Kona on the Big Island. The shop and crew staff were all polite, professional and enthusiastic. I rented well used, though not abused equipment, including regs, bc, wetsuit, fins, mask and even a dive computer was provided.

All that said, however, Molokai was not a particularly interesting topside location. There's very little to do and any restaurants that do exist, close around sunset. Expect a very slow pace.

If you do end up going, then I highly recommend hiking into Kalaupapa and doing the tour. If you're physically fit enough to dive, then you can do the hike; don't bother with the mules. But, be sure to bring some close-toed hiking or tennis shoes. Lots of manure to contend with! (The hike may start at greater than 1,000 feet, so be sure to consider this when planning your dives)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom