dive phuket march 4-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shark Point isn't alive with sharks, it's true. But I've seen a leopard shark on each of my recent dives there.[/QUOTE]

Hey Quero how are you doing? :05: Hope well.

Also for SB members in this thread during the low or green season months there are definitely more leopard sharks around then due to the less amount of divers etc. Personally recommend diving at these sites then if seeing the bigger pelagics is the objective. Nevertheless these are still beautiful sites with the colourful corals amongst the other marine life.

Otherwise Quero hope to see you soon!

finally dove at phuket: kho doc mai, shark points and anemone reef. Kho doc mai was not good but the leopard shark at shark point and the ghost pipe fishes at anemone reef more than made up for the first dive. Thanks for the assist Quero!

Ringo:
Shark Point isn't alive with sharks, it's true. But I've seen a leopard shark on each of my recent dives there.

Also for SB members in this thread during the low or green season months there are definitely more leopard sharks around then due to the less amount of divers etc. Personally recommend diving at these sites then if seeing the bigger pelagics is the objective. Nevertheless these are still beautiful sites with the colourful corals amongst the other marine life.

Otherwise Quero hope to see you soon!
Kissed a leopard at Bida Nok today. Well, almost kissed it :D

came close enough to touch it from the dorsal fin to the tail too. was trying to overtake it and get a frontal shot. failed. too old. should've stroked it instead

Ringo:
Shark Point isn't alive with sharks, it's true. But I've seen a leopard shark on each of my recent dives there.

Otherwise Quero hope to see you soon![/quote]

Doing great, Chantal. I'll come by when I get back to Thailand in May.

James, I'm glad you enjoyed your dives. Sorry I couldn't go along with you! It's a shame Koh Doc Mai wasn't good the day you were out. I usually enjoy it a lot; though the viz is often not as good as some of the other sites, I love seeing the small stuff that hangs out there.

Ya too bad viz was bad. i was hoping to get a few shots of the 3 varieties of shrimps that were supposed to be there. didint see a single one cuz it was dark and silty. the leopard shark made it worth the trip though. thanks again.

jigo:
Ya too bad viz was bad. i was hoping to get a few shots of the 3 varieties of shrimps that were supposed to be there. didint see a single one cuz it was dark and silty. the leopard shark made it worth the trip though. thanks again.
Dancing and coral banded shrimp - I saw at Ko Doc Mai yesterday, better to dive the wall on the east side before noon, otherwise you'll be in shadow. Also you'd need a light to see either anyway as I recall due to where they tend to live.

Also if there's a strong current, you'd find yourself ripping along too fast IMO to see the critters.

I'm not sure what the 3rd type of shrimp there would be.

Back
Top Bottom