Dive Report with Chucho divers - had a great time.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandDiversHI

Contributor
Reaction score
I posted a month back asking for recommendations about who to use for a single day of diving off a cruise ship. I chose to call Dive with Alison on Scubaboard recommendations but she was booked and recommended Chucho divers.

Chucho Divers

The were great. The cab ride from the cruise terminal to Caleta marina were we met the boat Nena was short (less than 5 min) and was only $2 per person. We didn't get off the cruise ship til 10 am arrived by 10:15 am, so I think a lot of the other divers were waiting for a while. A couple cold shoulders but the staff was super friendly and whisked us right on the boat and we were underway. I loved the boat Nina (which I think belonged to divewithchristina.com as that was painted on the boat). It was slow, but the entire bottom deck was shaded and the entire top of the boat was a sun deck. I was about 40 minutes to the first dive, Palancar Bricks, but the day was beautiful and the ride really pleasant. The dive was great as Coz dives are, got to use are (experienced divers not cut short), not a rushed pace, staff did as much as possible to gear you up, nice easy giant stride entry. Take your gear off in the water, climb aboard, staff takes care of everything. One and an hour and a half surface interval (nice). Great lunch of tortas, ham, homemade gauc! Fantastic, great lunch.
Tenuch (sp) was secound dive and my new Coz favorite. Speedy drift with lots of fish action, most like a dive in Palau I've had outside of Palau. Great fun.

Only $70 per person, we had our gear. We will look them up and use them again definaltely. Very accomodating and professional.

Tunich. A fun dive. .

Tenuch (sp) was secound dive and my new Coz favorite. Speedy drift with lots of fish action, most like a dive in Palau I've had outside of Palau. Great fun.

Only $70 per person, we had our gear. We will look them up and use them again definaltely. Very accomodating and professional.

Chucho Divers has joined Scuba Board@ Thank you for the wonderful words about our diving operation! We look forward to diving with you again!!

We dove Palancar Bricks this past June. We are new divers, but were in absolute awe at this dive site. We felt like we were swimming among giant buildings with the towering coral there. We saw a nurse shark there too. Tunich was actually our second dive that day and we loved it there too. We felt like we were flying over the coral gardens! Are there any bad dive sites in Cozumel? Has me wondering..... Chucho divers sounds like they did a very nice job. Good to know for future reference.

We dove with them in October. We did Palancar Gardens, Palancar Bricks and Paradise Island (3 tank dive).

It was fantastic! First of all, we had the boat to ourselves! My buddy didn't have gear, so he had to rent it, and we upgraded to 100 CU FT. tanks. Total coast for the full day: $300.00. Not bad, when you get the whole boat to yourself, and the dives are tailored to you - no dive cut short because of someone running low on air that you never met before.

Chucho was very good at pointing stuff out for us, and making sure my dive buddy was OK (his first dives after getting certified at home - lucky guy!).

This was all a great experience, and I will dive with him again.

One thing though: the OP got a better lunch than we did (sandwiches...) - would have loved to have guacamole! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom