Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does this weekend look favorable???

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Winds are going to be coming out of the ESE on Friday, that should help clear up the water a bit.
water temp is around 70 at the surface. The surf is predicted to be 2 feet or less. I'm going out on the kayak Saturday and give it a try.

Friday is here and the winds are coming straight out of the south at 17 MPH That's not going to help vis at all. Expected to start coming out of the SW this afternoon and evening. Come on east wind and clear up the vis.

Last edited:
IMG_20140406_095725_673.jpg04-06-14
South manasota 6-7 ft
South winds in reaaed at 10am effecting vis
Next 4-5 days going to be blowing calling hard winds Mon night into Tues
Cool find today mammoth jaw w 2 teeth super cool

Awesome find!!

Wow! Thanks for the report, thought vis would be better after these east winds and your incoming tide. Odd year? Trying the red kayak Tuesday anyway.

Went with a bunch of divers in the Sooth side of Sharkeys. Viz was the worst i have ever seen it but the water felt nice around 70 in a lavacore. I stayed in almost 2 hrs. Just didn't find anything. That soft silt was thick and allot of whale snot! Had a great time though.

---------- Post added April 14th, 2014 at 01:52 PM ----------

Does it had anyone tried stump pass in that area?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom