Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8 foot vis at Caspersen yesterday in 18 to 22 feet of water. Long kayak ride in 2 foot seas almost filled up the overloaded kayak, holes for rudder cables spent too much time underwater.

Thinking of coming down the week after Christmas, what's the average water temp that time of year?

Thinking of coming down the week after Christmas, what's the average water temp that time of year?
Low to mid 60's , feel free to ask us right before you come down can give you first hand temps .. temps today dropped down from 71 to 68 after this weekends cold front came thru

Low to mid 60's , feel free to ask us right before you come down can give you first hand temps .. temps today dropped down from 71 to 68 after this weekends cold front came thru

Is this surface temps? Does it vary much at depth (15-20 ft.)?

Manasota lifeguard sign said the water temp is 68, it felt it! I only had three foot of visibility, no finds and will try again in the spring.

12/18/2016
Service Club
9 am
Wind SE @ 5+
Seas 1'
Water Temp 69
Vis 2'-8'
Finds usual small stuff, a broken 2" meg and a whale tooth

1/15/2017
Service Club
9 am
Seas Flat
Wind Calm
Water Temp 64
Vis 8'-10' Silt covering everything just had to keep moving forward or vis would be 0
Finds usual small stuff

Golden Beach on Kayak...
10:30 to 2:30 (2 dives)
Seas flat
Wind calm
I hit water temp of 62 at lowest point.
Viz 8-10.... Viz and silt heavier going north (Alhambra). At one point was in 5 inches of silt for a time. But then located a nice spot with minimal to no silt... More Golden Beach'ish.
Finds ... very nice :)

My girlfriend and i will be down there the first week of April and would like to a shore dive(she really wants to find some teeth, especially a megalodon tooth).
Wonder what temps and conditions are like around that time.
Also wanted to know where the best place to park and shore entry were.

We will be staying in Orlando, but were looking to do a couple dives, any suggestions on other places to dive within 2-3 hrs from Orlando would be great. we did do devils den last october.

thanks

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom