Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venice Beach
open

Water temp: 86

Vis: Not great, but doable. <5' until 17' or 18’ and then it cleared up a little. Clocked 10' – 15’ vertical vis on the computer so about 5'-8' horizontal visibility.

Outgoing tide

Flat surf < 1’

Very few Isolated algae patches

Notes: Bottom looks pretty kicked up from the recent strong storms. Lots of clay recently exposed and lots of clean teeth. Looks like Irma might really kick things up if it ends up in close proximity. Possibly exposing new bottom or bottom that hasn't been exposed in years. (conversely, might cover some existing honey holes).

Last edited:
Hunting should be excellent next week.

I hope all you divers in Venice make it through the storm ok. We went through Ivan up my way and it sucks.

Be careful. You'll be in or thoughts.

Hopefully things go easy and we can come dive there soon.

Anywhere from 5 to 10 ft. viz at S. Brohard Sat. 84 degrees. A lot of large fossil chunks. Most were fragments that we couldn't identify. A few small tooth finds. 1 mammoth tooth. A few unidentified but good condition joints.

Thanks for the report

Dove Alhambra thurs morning viz not bad I'd say 5-6 ft in 20 feet of water . Small finds . Dove service club Friday morning since they blocked Alhambra off for some reason .. viz was terrible at maybe 1-2 feet and really no good beds to be found . Had much better luck with Ca Jamie on arstikat fri afternoon

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom