Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did S.Brohard this am. Hit the water at about 9:15. Incoming tide, winds out of the SW. It wasn't too bad at the begining but the water got a little bumpy as the morning progressed. Viz was about 5 - 8ft & I'm sorry but I forgot the temp. It was my 1st dive of the season hoodless & I was very comfortable so I would say the temp is nearing 80. My big find of the day was a 2lb weight that my buddy had dropped about a month ago. I just looked down & there she was. Now if I could only find my anchor.:)

sorry I missed you this morning Dana....I still have that anchor for you! I heard viz off the mit reef @ Venice Beach was 15 ft but that was before the wind and waves started howlin'

Date 4/17/11
Where Service Club
Time 9:00 am
Wind E 5
Seas 1'-2'
Water Temp 80
Vis 1' after the sandbar opened to 4'-5' in the 20' depths lots of snot in the water
Finds a nice 3" golden beach meg, a beat 3" meg and the usual small stuff

Been out diving all week.. depths from 20 -30 ft.. have been seeing viz up to 25' lookin like I'm diving the east coast... lol :D Temps about 76 on the bottom... whale snot verry common on all dives now with the watter temp getting up there.. Been finding some amazing stuff.. pics up on pic page...All are from sat- wed....

Was out today,.. Flat this morning with east winds.. winds shifted to the west by afternoon. Viz was 5-15' depending on depths.. almost 20' of viz out around 29fsw..found a few megs makos horse teeth and a whale vert.. pics on pic page..:wink:

Did S.Brohard this morning around 10:00. Wind out of the SE, incoming tide, viz about 6 - 10 ft. & I forgot to look at the water temp again but it's nice.

Site: Venice Beach 9 AM
Water temp: 79 degrees
Viz: 8 ft on average
Tide: Incoming
Wind: ESE 11 knots
Surf: SSE 1 ft @ 4 sec.
Drift: 0
Found quite a few small teeth, a 1" broken meg, rescued a group of lane snapper from a crab trap

Did S.Brohard this morning at 9:00. Viz has dropped some from yesterday. Anywhere from 4-8 ft. depending on where you were. Water was a bit choppy on entry & then became rather bumpy. Incoming tide, SE wind & water temp 78.

28 feet viz was 15 feet best viz I have seen all year, once the whale snot lay's down should be the best viz all year.. water temp 78 winds Se this morning then west in afternoon... viz in shallow this morning was same 15 ft clarity best I have seen in over a year

Jamie, do you have room for a diver on Sunday, May 1st?

I will be in town for the weekend and I honestly miss diving Venice... It's been way too long!

This thread is for dive reports only! If you have a personal message for a poster, please use the PM feature or use the chat thread. All off topic (non dive report) post will be moved or deleted.

Thanks
Mike

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom