Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 to 4 off Venice yesterday. 64 degrees. Bottom looks promising if you can get out of the silty areas. IMG_2318[1].jpg

1/8/2013
Wind: minimal out ofNE
Time: 10am -4pm
Water temp: 63/64degrees
Viz: Did 5 or 6different spots between Alahmbra and South of Service Club…. Anything in 18ftof water or less was ZERO to 3 or 4 ft of viz. At 20 ft had 2-4ft, around 25ft had 6’ish and further out at 27 ft had10+ ft. Northern spots had silt andpoor viz (couldn’t even see the blocks of alhmbra when on top of them). Southern spots were best (between ServiceClub and Pier was probably the best). Remember I am on a kayak and further out. I cancelled taking my friend on a shore divethis Friday (unless things improve). Kayak or Charter is recommended.
If anyone dives pier area or south of there, pleasepost. Looking to explore that area.
Finds: unusual stuffand megs (will try to post later).

Underwater sports posted 12 ft. viz at S Brohard on Facebook. THey didn't say how deep they were though.

1/12/13
North end of Venice public beach
Noonish
Seas light chop
Winds eastish <10
Water Temp 70
Max depth 18'
Vis 6'-8' (until we dropped in and crudded it up)

First successful beach dive for my kid and me. Swam out past the swim buoy to about 15', and ended up dropping right on top of the rocks! Perfect! Swam around and started finding teeth. Made it about 40 minutes until kiddo got too cold. We were in 5 mils, but no hoods. Hoods would have extended our dive time.

Finds:IMG-20130112-00107.jpgIMG-20130112-00108.jpg

surf is up , surfers out there this morning will be next week untill vis comes back time to plan landlocked for weekend :(

Attachments

• surf boneyard.jpg
    surf boneyard.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 199
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom