Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shore Dive - South Brohard
Wind: light from the east/south east
tide: Incoming
water temp: 84
Viz: 10-15 ft
Saw a lot of snook, the usual's (mangs, sheeps and grunts) and three medium size Goliath Grouper. The smallest ~75 lbs and the bigger ones about 150-200 lbs.

Went out off Casperson for the first time. Seas were pretty flat. Hit the water around high tide at 12 PM. Viz was between 15-20 feet nearly all dive. Hit one spot where it might have dropped to 8ish for a few minutes but then cleared back up. Swam out between 1/2 to 3/4 miles. Well passed the pier. Didn't find any Megs, but found my first whale tooth, an inch long hemi in good shape, and saw several sea cucumbers. I flipped one and he actually had a tooth stuck to his underside. So I stole a shark tooth from a sea cucumber. Saw a large grouper and an 8-10" blue/yellow angel fish. Managed to find an intact Queen Conch with no one home. Overall plenty to look at, but I guess I need to go even further out to get to a decent spot for Megs.

Went Kayak diving off Alhambra. Got on the water around 11:00 AM. Probably got in water around 11:30. Viz was better to start at6-8 feet usable, near the end of dive it was down to 4-5 feet usable. Was out in 29 feet of water about 3/4-mile off shore. Pretty decent day of teeth hunting. Found 11 Megs of various sizes, the biggest an intact 3 3/4. A 1 3/4 mako and what I think is a horse tooth...not really sure. Posting a pic in the finds thread. All in all good to get out and yak it again. Beautiful day to be out.

J. Do you carry your kak or have some wheels? Thinking about bringing mine down this vaca (still haven't made the move from Missouri) hopefully this year.
Thanks

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom