Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took my boat out today. Two dives 1/4 mile off Golden Beach and a third about 3/4 miles off Golden Beach in 28 feet. 4-6 foot viz all around with quite a bit of silt at 28 feet. 85F. Heavy chop in the morning that settled down a bit by late morning. Got rained on coming in. Normal small finds and a 3 inch meg with worn serrations and tip.

Any recent reports? Have a three-day weekend coming up and was debating the merits of my usual fun and games off the Palm Beach coast versus venturing across the state to take a crack at finding some meg teeth. I know the Gulf side has been getting hammered with rain - how has that affected the viz?

I went out on Saturday off a boat. Got a little sloppy in the afternoon. Found 3 inch and a small 1 inch meg and an artillary shell! Woo hoo. Planning to go beach and boat this weekend. I got a little inflatable kayak i am gonna try.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added August 10th, 2015 at 11:25 PM ----------

Oh and actually the viz was pretty good. Like 6-10 ft. At times it would get to 4 or less. The more shallow we went.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

I was there for 8 days of rain and crap 3-4' sea state. All boat trips cancelled. Never got in the water the entire trip.

So we make a run to the Peace river thinking we can play there and it's 5' over flood and really moving....No Joy!

Boat dive today - in 19-20 feet off of Golden Beach, viz 0-3 feet with lots of silt, 85F. Then out to 29 feet with 4-6 foot viz and no silt, 85F. Normal small finds.

8/16/2015
Service Club
Time 8:45 am
Seas <1'
Water Temp 86
Vis 2'-10'+
Max Depth 24'
Finds usual small stuff

8/23/2015
Service Club
Time 9:00 am
Seas Flat
Wind none
Water Temp 88
Vis 4'-6'
Usual small finds

Took my boat out and made 3 normal dives and 2 short bottom check dives. 10-15 foot viz out in 28-29 feet with some silt and 86F. 8-10 foot viz about 1/4 mile off the pier in 23 feet with some silt and 86F. Very few boats out. Lots of small teeth and a smaller beat up meg and a nice mako.

Spent last 3 days diving at Alhambra. Not too bad out. Finally found my first Meg tooth! It's a small one but still a Meg lol..:) downside is I lost my mask though:/ so if anyone is out that area and finds a black mask, please pm me!! Loved that mask!! &#55357;&#56862;

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom