Dive Resort in the Dumaguete - Dauin area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stayed at Mike's and loved it. Small resort, nice garden , great pool, good restaurant. Location is walking distance from El Dorado and Atlantis.
probably not as upmarket as the latters but very friendly resort because it's quite intimate, had a deluxe room overlooking the pool, almost lived on the balcony.
We had mostly expat divers attending the dives, so the diving was laid back and flexible on the choices of dive spots.
I can't say anything but good things about Mike's dive.

My wife and I stayed at Atmosphere in December last year. Diving certainly did not take a back seat to creature comforts there. The diving was top notch, they had several boats and were willing to take even the largest of the fleet out for just the two of us. During our week we made two trips to Apo Island and one to Siquijor, which I think was a unique opportunity. They offered great support for photographers, all the guides were knowledgeable, friendly and fun to dive with. The facility was beautiful, and small - just a short walk from our room to breakfast, and the boat. The staff took care of hauling all the gear - all we did was eat sleep and dive. Food was good, although more westernized than we might have liked. The only non-diving activity we did was the whale shark excursion - it's sort of a canned experience, but from the resort end it was well organized and executed - again just my wife and I went ( early dec is their low season). Also they offer free Nitrox for certified folks, which is always a plus!

Patrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I stayed at Atmosphere in December last year. Diving certainly did not take a back seat to creature comforts there.
I realise that I was being presumptive but in any case, Atmosphere is a bit too upscale to interest me. I prefer a more "down-to-earth" setting and will look at the likes of Atlantis, Liquid, Pura Vida etc

I realise that I was being presumptive but in any case, Atmosphere is a bit too upscale to interest me. I prefer a more "down-to-earth" setting and will look at the likes of Atlantis, Liquid, Pura Vida etc

Hello Hintermann,

Here's a direct e-mail to one of our customer reps here in Atlantis Dumaguete: reservations.maribel@atlantishotel.com

Maribel will answer any questions you might have about the resort; she'll also handle your booking if you do decide to stay and dive with us. If you have any dive-specific questions about Atlantis and the Dauin/ Apo Island area, please feel free to ask me.

-marco

Have only been to Liquid in the area but was very impressed. Very much an inclusive atmosphere, meals were excellent, something like a liveaboard in the way that they are served and the conversation around the table. Lots of repeat guests, and if I were to go back to that area would stay at Liquid. Each meal is a bit of a fusion between Philippines and North American food. Owners and their parents live at the resort. The diving was great and the guides are extremely well trained and easy to work with.

Accommodation is also somewhat unique as you have an individual cabin with a single room, washroom and a porch facing the ocean just steps away from the beach. Hot water is provided by a local spring so is endless and hot. No AC as I recall, but did not need it at all.

I am afraid you will have to struck "Atlantis' off the list as well!!

Hi Kevster,

We actually take trips to Oslob to snorkel with the whale sharks quite frequently - any time we have a minimum of 6 snorkelers we can do so.

We leave early in the morning to catch the ferry in Dumaguete over to Cebu, then reboard our jeepney (which comes along for the ferry ride) for the short journey to Oslob where we spend quality time in the water with these magnificent creatures. Afterwards lunch is served by our staff on site and then we make the return trip to our resort in Dumaguete.

Another option to visit the whale sharks in Oslob is while traveling on our liveaboard, the Azores. Guests on our Bohol itinerary (July through December) typically start the trip with an early morning snorkel at Oslob before diving starts at nearby Summon Island.

If you would like more info, just let us know.
reservations@atlantishotel.com

If you go to Atlantis, you will be VERY lucky if you get Marco as your guide -- he has VERY sharp eyes (and a marvelous sense of humor).

I'd agree with Plavin - diving at Atmosphere certainly didn't take a back seat to the resort, i enjoyed being pampered a bit post dives and having a lovely room to chill out in when not diving. I've booked me and some buddies in for 9 nights/21 dives package next year

but if you think its too expensive / upscale then Liquid is probably more your thing. Liquid just built a new pool and pool bar that looks very nice in the photos on their fb page.

Atlantis and Pura Vida i would put more on the same scale as Atmosphere, but though I've seen both whilst in Dauin i've not stayed at either so can't really offer a good comparison.

Back
Top Bottom