Dive Rite Dual Air Cells

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LINKINmark

Registered
Reaction score
I have noticed that on Dive Rite's air cell (wings) that they come standard with Rapid Exhaust. And on the Dual Air Cells they come with both the plain elbow and the Rapid Exhaust elbow too. Is it DIR to have the Rapid Exhaust on them, or do all the hoses have to be on the regular elbow.

We don't dual bladder wings (for a number of reasons), and the elbow is plain, non exhaust type.

Exhaust type elbows can come apart from being pulled on, and it's just extra stuff to break thats not needed.

You don't need the exhaust type elbow so certainly won't need to give yourself an extra potential failure point.

With the same logic, you don't need a dual bladder wing (at least if you are looking via the DIR perspective) if you have a balanced rig. For the same reason, don't give yourself another potential failure point. And believe me, they do fail. I know a DSAT Tec Deep (which required a double bladder wing) instructor who has been in a stituation where a runaway ascent happened when the wing has been inflated through the backup inflator.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom