Dive Rite Rec Wing Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mossym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone who owns a Dive Rite wing possibly take a picture of how the gusset is attached? I bought a second hand rec wing. and the owner had the gusset removed. He sent me the gusset, and i've tried rigging it how i thought i should go, but it doesn't seem right. I'd really appreciate a pic to show me how it's done.

THanks in advance!!

mossym:
Can anyone who owns a Dive Rite wing possibly take a picture of how the gusset is attached? I bought a second hand rec wing. and the owner had the gusset removed. He sent me the gusset, and i've tried rigging it how i thought i should go, but it doesn't seem right. I'd really appreciate a pic to show me how it's done.

THanks in advance!!

You mean the bungie?

R..

Took it off and threw it away. Not needed.

Diver0001:
You mean the bungie?

R..

mossym:

THanks in advance!!

I am in Key Largo finishing my DM right now, and don't have Camera, Docking station etc.

If no one has posted picture by next week when I get home I will send you a pic.

And yes, it does help keep the wing in closer, and not "taco'ing" and yes you CAN manually inflate "bungied wings of death".

im on it.
ok first I personally like having the gussett, some dont...
try it both ways, make your own decision.
i hope there pics help. if ya need a different angle just let me know
tp1.jpg

tp2.jpg

tp3.jpg

So I'm curious why DiveRite and their dealers call this a "Gusset System" when clearly it's a bloody bungee. What a crock of mis marketing!

fancy wording for a basic system. alot of companys do it
i think my favriote is the term
"classic downsteram"

Diesel298:
im on it.
ok first I personally like having the gussett, some dont...
try it both ways, make your own decision.
i hope there pics help. if ya need a different angle just let me know
Diesel298, you the man!!

Thanks a million, i figured that was the way it went, but the string i got is much too short, i need longer string,

only problem now is i seem to be missing the loop on the top of the wing you have shown, it's not on my wing, anyone else not have this?

DrSteve:
So I'm curious why DiveRite and their dealers call this a "Gusset System" when clearly it's a bloody bungee. What a crock of mis marketing!
Or maybe because the bungie passes through gussets in the wing. :crafty:

Back
Top Bottom