Dive Rite , Scuba Pro , Zeagle Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobra390t

Registered
Reaction score
I am in the market for new Regulator set , I do wreck diving , search and recovery, Spear fishing and part of rescue team . I recently off loaded my US diver 1st stage and Sherwood regulator / Ocot Vest style BC to a new divers and looking to upgrade .I was able to upgrade my BC to Back inflated technical BC and now looking at all 3 brands , However i am open to any suggestion as the Price Tag of these 3 is way out there.

Scubapro MK21/S560 <---- Locally sold and serviced
Dive Rite dive rite xt advanced open water <---- Locally sold and serviced
Zeagle .. No local dealer

Thanks

Make sure you aren't getting screwed on gear. Air Hogs in Garner is the only shop I would trust in the Carolinas at this point to make sure you aren't getting shafted on price. Unfortunately it seems you were already led a bit astray with the back inflate, but such is life. I would go with the XT's of the options presented, but I would hold off another few weeks if you can, and check out the new Deep 6 regulators. Important bit with the Dive Rites, Deep 6, Poseidon, Hog, etc. is that parts can be purchased so you can learn to service them yourself and the warranties aren't based off of service intervals like they are for other brands. Keep this in mind while you are looking at regulators.

The Scubapro MK21/S560 is a nice reg. I did about 30 test dives on it while I was in Tubbataha. I still prefer the MK25 1st stage.

Dive Rite dive rite xt advanced open water listed for $725 big chunk of change if you ask me ( comes with DIN and Yoke Converter ) ...Back inflated was my choice so i can go integrated and away from weight belt , Weight belt killing my back

---------- Post added August 31st, 2015 at 11:40 AM ----------

One thing i am starting to feel about ScubaPro .Its like buying a Car you always have to spend extra $ and More $$'s to get the right Reg VS Dive Rite It's all there in a big bundle But again i could be totally wrong

Should have gone SS bp/w, would have been even less weight....

The XT is not cheap, but the MK21/S560 is $550+$100 for SPG/HP Hose, + $200 for octo put you in similar price range, but the XT is more versatile being both sealed, and a swivel turret. You need to get it with the optional cap for the bottom port to optimize for doubles diving, or the streamlined OW style regulator setup, and the S560 is really not the best second stage option out there since it is fully plastic. S600, and G260 are much better second stages. XT gets you sealed diaphragm, which makes cleaning a lot easier for ocean diving since you don't have to flush out the insides like you do on the pistons, rotating turret which is nice for sidemount if you go that route down the road, has cheaper servicing, and option for DIY servicing, and supports a smaller USA based business despite the regs being made overseas. With Scubapro you are paying for the brand name. They make very nice regulators

Wait for the Deep 6 regs to come out, should only be a few more weeks now. It will be worth the wait.
https://www.facebook.com/deep6gear?fref=ts

---------- Post added August 31st, 2015 at 11:40 AM ----------

One thing i am starting to feel about ScubaPro .Its like buying a Car you always have to spend extra $ and More $$'s to get the right Reg VS Dive Rite It's all there in a big bundle But again i could be totally wrong
I believe that you have to be sure that you are comparing apples to apples.

If you are looking for just a 1st & 2nd stage ( like the MK21/S560 ), then compare it with just another 1st & 2nd stage.

Be careful that you don't compare apples to lemons:D!

I believe that you have to be sure that you are comparing apples to apples.

If you are looking for just a 1st & 2nd stage ( like the MK21/S560 ), then compare it with just another 1st & 2nd stage.

Be careful that you don't compare apples to lemons:D!

I have quite a few older Scubapro regulators but Scubapro is becoming like Aqualung with all these different models trying to hit different price points. A few years back they had 3 first stages MK-2, MK-16, MK-25 and four second stages the R-190, S-550, G-250, and S-600. Now they have all these different first stages and second stages. I respect Dive Rite because all they sell is a performance product at a reasonable (well for scuba) price.

I have quite a few older Scubapro regulators but Scubapro is becoming like Aqualung with all these different models trying to hit different price points. A few years back they had 3 first stages MK-2, MK-16, MK-25 and four second stages the R-190, S-550, G-250, and S-600. Now they have all these different first stages and second stages. I respect Dive Rite because all they sell is a performance product at a reasonable (well for scuba) price.

WELL SAID

&

I couldn't say it ANY BETTER ..

Important bit with the Dive Rites, Deep 6, Poseidon, Hog, etc. is that parts can be purchased so you can learn to service them yourself and the warranties aren't based off of service intervals like they are for other brands. Keep this in mind while you are looking at regulators.

Zeagle also sells parts to end users. Scuba Diving Equipment Shop Online | Zeagle Express

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom