Dive Rite Transpac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABlue

Reaction score
What do you think of it? Is it comfortable? Even for women?
Is the weight integrated system good?

Do you have other suggestions good for a women with weight system?

TransPacII is a great BC. It's one of the most recommended BCs on this board. It is comfortable, and highly adjustable. The design is modular so that if you need a large shoulder strap and small waist, you can get one that way. And of course, this makes fitting people very easy. My wife dives the TransPacII with travel wing, and she loves it. We typically dive with steel 95 and the TransPacII is comfortable on land and, more importantly, in the water.

The weight integration system is good. However, if you're small waisted, you might not have enough room to wear the TransWeight32. Actually, when we use add the Mesh Two-Zipper Pocket, there isn't much room on our waist for anything else (we're small). So if you're slim, then it's either the TransWeight16 or weight belt. Here's a discussion of DR's system: Dive Rite Trans Weight 16 system?

For weight integrated BCs, look at Zeagle's Zena, Brigade (available through ScubaToys), and Ranger (shameless selfplug: I have a small for sale :D).

Agree with most said here.
One thing to consider....if you think you will EVER go doubles....go with the TransPlate instead....more stable.

good luck

My brother has the DRTPII with the 32 Integrated Weight System mated to Travel Wings, can't say anything bad about the Harness and Weight System, the only complain is the outer shell of the Travel Wings is made of some kind of spandex and wears quickly.

His wing is 6 yrs old (about a 100 dives) and working great, never had a problem with leaks or punctures, but doesn't look good. Maybe newer TWings have a better outter shell.

Hello,

I bought a single tank wing and a "soft back pack"(like TPII). Two weeks later I bought a SS plate !!! :eyebrow:
Raise this question:
Could you give me the advantage of the "soft back pack" (like TPII) over "SS backplate" ?

best regards

perche:
Hello,

I bought a single tank wing and a "soft back pack"(like TPII). Two weeks later I bought a SS plate !!! :eyebrow:
Raise this question:
Could you give me the advantage of the "soft back pack" (like TPII) over "SS backplate" ?

best regards

Never dove a backplate, but I only dive single tank warm water. Temps > 80 I wear a skin and don't use any weight.

perche:
Raise this question:

best regards
I believe it's more comfortable out of the water. I've never worn a backplate but I can imagine that it might dig into my back - my Transpac is comfortable. For a single tank I don't think that there is much real difference - the Transpac is completely stable. For doubles I'd probably consider a backplate.

I almost got a transpac II, but went with the Zeagle ranger ltd. The transpac didn't have anything on it, and if you wanted something to go with it then it's extra. I like the ranger, it's a good bc, and Zeagle has great customer service.

Tyler

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom