Dive shops in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jddgfd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I have been following threads and lurking on SB for a little while now and was hoping to get some help.

Me and my girlfriend are going to be in Cozumel the last week of May. We are staying at a resort and already have all of that booked. We are looking at doing around 4 days of diving and interested in doing a mix of day dives, twilight/night dives, and possibly a cenote dive. I have been reading here and googling about the different dive shops in cozumel and having a difficult time. Everybody has the dive shops they love for different reasons and it seems not every dive shop is for everyone.

Besides offering the day (2 or 3 tank) dives, night dives, and cenotes, the lady has trouble peeing in her wetsuit and really wants a dive op that has boats with a bathroom on board for right after the dive. Also would prefer smaller groups of divers (not a herd of 30 divers at one spot). I am finishing up my certification now so will only have 10-20 dives most likely by the time we go, she has been diving for ~10 years mostly off fort lauderdale. I don't know if my diver experience (or lack there of currently) would make a difference in which dive op to go with.

Looking at all the different options and would love to hear opinions of people that have been down or live in the area, or even the dive shop owners on here on if they offer what we would be looking for. Thanks!

Justin

Hello and welcome to your coming out party on the Cozumel forum.

AFAIK, most of the boats with heads (bathrooms on board) are the bigger cattle boats. Scuba with Allison might be an exception but I have not dived with her so perhaps one of her customers will chime in. To do cenote dives you need to go to the mainland, which might be tight, depending on whether you are flying into Cancun or Cozumel.

Hello and welcome to your coming out party on the Cozumel forum.

AFAIK, most of the boats with heads (bathrooms on board) are the bigger cattle boats. Scuba with Allison might be an exception but I have not dived with her so perhaps one of her customers will chime in. To do cenote dives you need to go to the mainland, which might be tight, depending on whether you are flying into Cancun or Cozumel.

Yea, no one is supposed to know about that head hidden down there.... I don't think she advertises it or actually wants anyone to use it. Or maybe it is Carlos who doesn't like to scoop the poop.

Anywho the standard bathroom on the Maximus used by everyone especially Alison who doesn't apparently pee in her suit either, it accessed by getting one the boat, dropping gear and wetsuit and stepping back off the gunwales. Lots of divers do that and usually as singles. We only take off after the shy bladders are done.

I, the other hand, while waiting to get back on the boat, take out my reg, sit it on top of my head, assume a glazed look and wait for anyone down current to start screaming....... It is so cathartic just letting loose in one's shorts. I see why old guys like it.

---------- Post added February 8th, 2014 at 08:42 AM ----------

And Triple-M, you ought to join us one day if you can pry yourself away from those 120s.

Mestizo Divers has a smaller boat with a head. Room for 6-8 divers. This feature is important for us as well!

Among other boats, Aldora has a fast 40 ft boat (Falicity) with convenient marine toilet, and we carry no more than two groups of six divers. PS It now has a sunshade.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers Falicity Web.jpgp

Last edited:
Another point to consider is that some dive ops stop at a beach club (with bathrooms) between dives. Aldora is one of several who do.

Anywho the standard bathroom on the Maximus used by everyone especially Alison who doesn't apparently pee in her suit either, it accessed by getting one the boat, dropping gear and wetsuit and stepping back off the gunwales. Lots of divers do that and usually as singles. We only take off after the shy bladders are done.

She offered a surface interval with access to a flush toilet everyday, though some days I think there were no takers so we didn't stop off there.

Among other boats, Aldora has a fast 40 ft boat (Falicity) with convenient marine toilet, and we carry no more than two groups of six divers. PS It now has a sunshade.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora DiversView attachment 177171p

The Falicity is a really nice boat, Plus pretty fast. Added sunshade will appreciated by those who burn easily (like me). Thanks Dave!

.... the lady has trouble peeing in her wetsuit and really wants a dive op that has boats with a bathroom on board for right after the dive.

While that is not quite as bad as having trouble breathing from someone else's regulator, it will make for uncomfortable and possibly even dangerous diving. Better solutions would be to learn to let it go or forgo the wetsuit.

I can't imagine diving and not peeing.

Back
Top Bottom