Dive shows and the vintage scene.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've never been to any dive shows like DEMA or other regional shows. Does anybody like VDH or other vintage organization ever have a booth at any of these shows?

I thought that if there isn't a presence then it would be cool to get a few vinatge aficionados together and organize something to get a booth at one of these regional shows.
Maybe show go'ers would get a kick out of seeing the vintage stuff and if they have a pool maybe even in action?

Ryan with Flashback SCUBA has put on a great Cousteau display at the Tacoma show. I'm hoping he does the same this year and we can arrange a "happy hour" for local vintage divers to meet.

http://www.flashbackscuba.com/museum/USWJYC_main.html

Picture2021.jpg

Picture2020.jpg

Picture2017.jpg

The Historical Diving Society always presents at the bigger shows. I've also seen Nick Icorn with a booth before showing off some cool stuff. One or both could be at the Scuba Show in So. CA

The Historical Diving Society always presents at the bigger shows. I've also seen Nick Icorn with a booth before showing off some cool stuff. One or both could be at the Scuba Show in So. CA

Hey Dale, are you going to Long Beach this year?
We should check it out then go do the Yukon or something.

DEMA is not really a public show, it is for manufacturers and retail dive stores. N

DEMA is not really a public show, it is for manufacturers and retail dive stores. N

That's true.
With that said I guess there wouldn't really be a reason for any vintage presence at DEMA being that nobody manufactures any vintage equipment (for exception of Bryan).
But the second half of that would be that no modern dive stores would have any use for anything vintage, and in fact it seems anything more than a few years old they see as a nuisance and have contempt for because it prevents them from continually selling new stuff to the same group of divers.

The smaller regional shows that are open to the public would be great venues. There's probably a whole percentage of the diving public that is totally unaware that vintage equipment diving even exists.

No ZKY, they do not have a lot of use for us rogue minimalist, even the vintage community is not sure where we fit in, :wink:.

Nem

Hey Dale, are you going to Long Beach this year?
We should check it out then go do the Yukon or something.

That sounds like something to plan for Eric!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom