Dive Site Directory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tenley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi fellow divers,

I have been diving for a few years now and have been fortunate to live in areas that have great dive sites very close by. (Australia, Hawaii, South East Asia)

Life has recently relocated me to the East Coast of the USA and now I need to seriously think about dive travel... long weekend trips and as well as 1-2 week vacations.

Are there any good dive directories out there that list dive sites, best times of year to travel, main attractions, and some kind of rating? If not a website, then a good book? I'm at a loss of where to find good info.

I've found a Padi directory (see link) but it isn't that comprehensive and does not include US destinations. But the info it provides is right on.

PADI: Scuba Diving Vacations & Trips - PADI Scuba Diving Training Organization

Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Tenley
(77 dives; last dive in Bunaken National Marine Park in Nov '09... too long ago!)

Underwater Florida is a good local guide.

welcome tenley. I have found a site that isn't too bad but a lot of the reviews seem outdated, at least for the "non-member" sections. For what it's worth, we actually have a fair amount of local DC diving (or shortish drives from DC anyway) if you don't mind cold water and low viz. PM me sometime if you'd like to dive the local quarry once it's open.

http://www.divespots.com/scuba/home.page

Try - Wannadive.net - World dive site atlas there are dive sites listed by area that have been provided by members of that site. There is also a link on Google Earth that when turned on will display a dive flag at the dive sites listed on wannadive. It is not very compleat but it is the best I have seen so far.

Don't forget S/B.

Where can I find a dive site list on Scuba Board? I looked for one when I first came onto this site and again just now. I can not find it! How is it listed?

Regional Travel and Dive Clubs on SB. This is broken down to many sites US, Canada, etc. See if any dive sites are listed that you might want to go to. If not - post. See what the response is. You will usually get 5 or 6 reply's to your post telling you what dive sites are good, what dive operators to go out with. If you are looking for GPS co-ordinates, that can be had also just post it. When I first moved to Florida it was a wealth of information, it still is. Safe diving.

Regional Travel and Dive Clubs on SB. This is broken down to many sites US, Canada, etc. See if any dive sites are listed that you might want to go to. If not - post. See what the response is. You will usually get 5 or 6 reply's to your post telling you what dive sites are good, what dive operators to go out with. If you are looking for GPS co-ordinates, that can be had also just post it. When I first moved to Florida it was a wealth of information, it still is. Safe diving.

I have done that already and it was a big help on my last trip. What I was looking for was a section that had dive sites listed by area or state with basic information like directions, GPS #s, local conditions and attractions. From that someone could then go to the current regional site to ask for exact information if it was not listed.

welcome tenley. I have found a site that isn't too bad but a lot of the reviews seem outdated, at least for the "non-member" sections. For what it's worth, we actually have a fair amount of local DC diving (or shortish drives from DC anyway) if you don't mind cold water and low viz. PM me sometime if you'd like to dive the local quarry once it's open.

Scuba diving sites and GPS destinations: Wrecks, Coral Reefs, Reviews, Trip Charters. - Dive Spots

I just looked at the divespots website. Pretty cool information but it seems very limited. I suppose that could be because I am not a member.

Scuba diving sites and GPS destinations: Wrecks, Coral Reefs, Reviews, Trip Charters. - Dive Spots

I just checked this site out but have not had time to look at it in depth. It looks good but like the site I mentioned it is only as good as the information being provided. In other words if people are putting garbage information in you are going to get garbage information out of it. Both are limited by the people providing the information as to accuracy and areas covered. Still not a bad resource though.

Back
Top Bottom