Dive sites north of Barracuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that boat more or less ran aground. You can see it from the Melia

You talking about the Mayan Princess, that poor ferry/tour boat was driven aground in one of the hurricanes? Owners abandoned it and no one took responsibility to clean it up?

Isn't there an intentionally sunk boat just north of town and the ferry pier? Not much reef around it? It is on my 'list'.

There are two smaller boats sunk just past the harbor master building. We have speared many Lionfish on them and in the surounding area.

There are two smaller boats sunk just past the harbor master building. We have speared many Lionfish on them and in the surounding area.

That's right, I did hear two. Anything worth seeing besides the lionfish?

I think so...

1zqqyk9.jpg

I am in Frankfurt airport doing part of my other life. But will give you a run down on the sites tomorrow when I get over the jet lag.. Luckily they don't normally have the same current issues as Barracuda or San Juan, but they are nice. WE will go there when we have 4 or more divers and the cost is the same as our regular dives. There will be some extra gear requirements for both us and the divers (SMBs) but they are not stressful dives.

Decided to call it the Polar EXpress!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I am in Frankfurt airport doing part of my other life. But will give you a run down on the sites tomorrow when I get over the jet lag.. Luckily they don't normally have the same current issues as Barracuda or San Juan, but they are nice. WE will go there when we have 4 or more divers and the cost is the same as our regular dives. There will be some extra gear requirements for both us and the divers (SMBs) but they are not stressful dives.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Awesome! Look forward to diving those next time I'm down.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Can't wait. I did Barracuda and San Juan in June. I would say that Barracuda is an advanced dive. San Juan is a ton of fun-the current is incredible, but I really like flying over the reefs. Not everyone might enjoy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom