Dive sites north of Barracuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron Lee

Contributor
Reaction score
We have located 5 very nice new sites quite a ways north of Barracuda and intend to go there more frequently.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

This is the first I have read about this. Can you provide any more details?

I think the dive sites north of the marine park should be kept a quiet little secret and not revealed to any one with less than 500 dive in Cozumel....Kind of a right to passage kind of thing....Sorry but I just hate to see the north end get crowded like the marine park....Just saying !

Have you ever seen Barracuda or San Juan crowded?

I saw on a Cozumel discussion board that a boat sunk near Passion Island is about to be turned over to the authorities and moved, perhaps, to within the Marine Park. Might this be one of the sites?

Ron, have been on San Juan and had groups swoop down - just like in the south.
Marg, the boat is not one of them.

They are all reef of interesting topography and enticing sea life, according to the explorers and their mapping. Will report more, if I EVER GET THERE!!!

Barracuda and San Juan sites are basically for AOW divers as the current can be quiet swift up there. I have been there numerous times and you literally fly over the reefs..quiet fun but can be scary for the weak at heart and novice divers...

Agree with djdande about the northern sites.We go north often to hunt and because the sites are so pristine.Very easy to get separated from your group especially if hunting and have to be comfortable on maybe finishing your dive alone and and shooting a sausage at the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom