Dive/snorkel charter rec for large group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

faster7581

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'll be in Cozumel next friday, 16th... I will be with a large group, 6 adults and 5 children, ranging from 3-60 years old.. Im the only diver, but most of the people would like to get in the water and snorkel.. Im looking for an operation near the cruise port (We will be there from 8am-6pm) that has a boat I can dive from and my family can hang on the boat. swim and snorkel... I assume I'll need to rent aprivate charter for this.. Anyone done something similiar?? with who? how was it?
thanks in advance
mike b

There is a Catamaran that docks in front of Hog Town cafe, not far from cruise docks. My daughter, her mom and two boys used them last year and enjoyed it. I think they took all of their own snorkel gear, but the charter may be able to supply that if you don't mind a used mouthpiece and mask. See Cozumel Snorkeling Tours and Snorkel Excursions Mail admin@cozumelwatersports.com You could ask for a group rate, but such short notice - I have no idea if the boat is available for private charter.

Scuba and snorkel from the same boat is unusual. You may need to hire an extra DM. I did a snorkeling class at an indoor pool for my daughter's family, discussing a lot of details that would help with planning. You may not have time for much.

For a trip once that included snorkeling and boating, I took the 2 year old to Walmart and bought her a life jacket to be sure it would fit. As it worked out, many fit but she cried about all but one: Sold!

I spoke to dave, he's going to see if he can put something together for me, and get back to me tomorrow..
Thanks for the lead,
Mike b

Did you find someone to meet your needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom