Dive store on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve

always tired
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone who lives on Grand Cayman can help with this. Last year we visited a great divestore - not dive op - that had one of the best selections of gear I've ever seen. I was describing it to some friends recently for their upcoming trip and would like to give them a name if possible.

The location was a short block or two south of Treasure Island, it's the end store in a strip mall. They had an unbelievable selection of gear, camera stuff and just about everything else. I'm not talking about the Soto's store at the TI resort, the strip mall this store is in is almost directly to the east of the TIDivers location on SMB. We walked over one day for lunch in a great sandwich shop there between dives and found it.

I'm hoping they're still there post-Ivan, if anyone could provide a name/number that I could pass on it would be appreciated.

Hopefully someone from GC can confirm, but I believe you are referring to Divers Supply. Although you may be talking about Divers World. Not sure if both of them are still around.

sdwho

sjspeck:
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone who lives on Grand Cayman can help with this. Last year we visited a great divestore - not dive op - that had one of the best selections of gear I've ever seen. I was describing it to some friends recently for their upcoming trip and would like to give them a name if possible.

The location was a short block or two south of Treasure Island, it's the end store in a strip mall. They had an unbelievable selection of gear, camera stuff and just about everything else. I'm not talking about the Soto's store at the TI resort, the strip mall this store is in is almost directly to the east of the TIDivers location on SMB. We walked over one day for lunch in a great sandwich shop there between dives and found it.

I'm hoping they're still there post-Ivan, if anyone could provide a name/number that I could pass on it would be appreciated.

Diver's Supply and Diver's World are both in business. Divers Supply is just about 1/8 mile north of Treasure Island and Divers World is just about an 1/8 mile south of Treasure Island. Obviously, both are very much within walking distance.

Diver's World sounds familiar. And it was definitely south of TI.

Thanks guys,

Back
Top Bottom