Dive Team Funding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKicker

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All,
Our county's dive team has been inactive for the last couple of years. Recently a breath of life has been given to it and we are trying to get it rolling. Our Sheriff has given us some funding to help us get started. My question is, where can we find grants available to dive teams or other forms of funding. Thanks in advance....

Start with a good grant writer. Then start with Homeland Security. There is a lot of money out there if one knows where to look. It takes a lot of searching and the library has grant books you need to look through.

Good Luck

Gary D.

I just found out that your local walmart will be giving out donations for community heros in October. I am going to my local store to find out more then pass it along. They give around $3000 to one local agency.

thanks for the info y'all. I will get with our team leader and check these things out.

Some things to keep in mind when asking for $$ is; 1. How much water do you have in the area that you will be responsible for?

2. Are those bodies of water diveable?

3. How many times has an outside agency needed to be called because you haven’t had a team?

4. How many times has your team been called out in the past?

5. What is your population and what percentage of that population uses the waters in your area?

6. How many team members do you expect to have?

These are just a few that can help so be prepared to answer them.

Gary D.

The dive team I work with just got a nice grant from Homeland Security. Our city is on a major waterway. The team just picked up some Kirby Morgan Lightweight 37 rigs which are very cool.

ZoCrowes255:
The dive team I work with just got a nice grant from Homeland Security. Our city is on a major waterway. The team just picked up some Kirby Morgan Lightweight 37 rigs which are very cool.

What was involved in getting a grant from Homeland Security?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom