Dive Trailer Design

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My trailer has a solar fan in the roof. I forgot exactly how many cubic feet per hour it was rated for but it sounded like plenty for my needs when I bought it. It keeps things from getting stale but not very efficient at keeping it cool and dry. It is nice to have in there while the trailer is parked in the hot sun, it does knock some of the heat out. I probably need to add some static ventilation to the trailer to help the air flow.

We have put probably about $4K in it by now. Some of the metal still needs to be paid for, and the roof and some random small items still need to be purchased. In the end, I think it will run around $6K.

It weighs about 2,000 pound and the axel is 3,500 so we have some room. The boat itself is only about 240 pound, motor another 70 so we'll end up likely closer to 2,800. Yes, we underestimated that part. We can always move the axel back, purchase another one and just make it a double ;-)

20090727_14JPG_copy.jpg

This is the inside of my trailer without gear. The 2 6 tank vertical tank caddies are mounted in the center of the trailer for weight distribution holding 12 tanks in all. The back has hanging room and there are two mounted aluminum boxes for storage on each side and one on the door. I water proofed the inside before the welder made and installed the hanging racks and boxes. I now have 3 sets of rec gear in it, one set of tech gear, camping supplies, picnic supplies, folding chairs, 2 blow up mattresses, linens and ice chest. I use it for hauling and storing my gear. It sits in my garage when I am not hauling it.

The Sunday following Vortoberfest and all you can manage to scrummage up is a picture of your empty dive trailer? You're not fooling anyone Denise. Lol

hey check out my pics we just put together a trailer this spring it has 5 sets of halcyon gear with scuba pro regs an interspiro aga mask with buddy phone com sets along with a 4 bottle cascade with a high pressure pump an did the floor with the herculiner flooring so its easy to spray out but let me know what u think

hey check out my pics we just put together a trailer this spring it has 5 sets of halcyon gear with scuba pro regs an interspiro aga mask with buddy phone com sets along with a 4 bottle cascade with a high pressure pump an did the floor with the herculiner flooring so its easy to spray out but let me know what u think

Looks nice.

are the cascade bottles welded in place? from looking at the pictures I couldn't see how you got them out for DOT 5 year test/inspections?

or do you just cut the welds at those intervals?

no they are set with clamps an it is made with 2 by 2 square tubing an unistrut to hold the bottles which make it easy to slide them in through the side door for the testing every five years but yes they are 4 bottles. also using that high pressure pump we are able to fill our 10 bottles twice a piece which really gives us 30 bottles that can be used. the cascade bottles our 4500 an that pump will suck the air down to 200 psi an still fill the bottle up to 3000

Exactly where are these pictures located at?

Back
Top Bottom