Dive Trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jessemartian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am in the Tampa bay area and am looking to do some diving. I called a scuba shop and they said "there is no beach diving". Well frankly i don't feel like paying to go scuba diving which i already know how to do. Is there any area that you can walk in, here in the Tampa area?

The only place I know of on the west coast is Venice Beach, for shark tooth diving. Otherwise you need to come south east, or go toward cave country.

What Jenny said. Closest beach dives are in Venice. I was out yesterday, before the front came through & viz was 2-4 ft. and water temp is 64. I would expect that, after the front, viz is worse. :(

Oh brrrr :cold:

Twasn't too bad. I got a new 5 mil for Christmas. :D

i'll be pulling out my 7mm shorty soon (to be worn over my 3mm Jane) over here and freezing body parts off.. it's dropping down to the low 70's!!!

i'll be pulling out my 7mm shorty soon (to be worn over my 3mm Jane) over here and freezing body parts off.. it's dropping down to the low 70's!!!

You are a wimp.
Just sayin'.
Chug
1mm base suit
3/2 suit
1mm over suit
Hood.

Yes. I am a wimp.

You are a wimp.
Just sayin'.
Chug
1mm base suit
3/2 suit
1mm over suit
Hood.

No way is she a wimp: I dove with a 7MM full suit today (in Jupiter) and was quite comfortable in roughly 73 degree water :D while many of the divers complained about the underwater temps. Two divers actually cancelled their second dives because they were too cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom