Dive Vessel From The Past

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckedinri

Contributor
Reaction score
Tiny state in the northeast corner of the U. S. of
# of dives
Just sorting through some old photos on this past rainy weekend and a friend came across a photo of hers, of a vessel that some of you may recognize.

Attachments

• Seeker 1.JPG
    Seeker 1.JPG
    343.2 KB · Views: 672
how old is the pic? I thought she has been scrapped.

She was in fact stored on the hard in a yard in Portsmouth, RI through "06". Where she ended up from there is not known to me.

We; the friend that took the photo and I, went to the yard where the photo was taken in February of this year and she was nowhere to be found.

Danny Crowell sold the Seeker to a guy by the name of Mike Jensen. Jensen ran the boat for about a year or so out of RI. He ran up a big yard bill, took a bunch of deposits from any number of people (including me), and then promptly went out of business. I assume he has disappeared from diving? I think there was some sort of Sheriff's sale, and where the boat went to from there is anyone's guess?

The Seeker was almost 60' of wood hull, and built in the early 80's. Not exactly in big demand I would suppose?

Regardless, thanks for posting the picture.

Cheers

JC

There was also a reason she was also known as "The Leaker"

Cheers. It's nice to see her pic. I have fond memories of diving on her and meeting so many unique folks who stepped on her deck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom