Dive Vlog Stardate 46379.3 (Sep 21, 2013)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slamfire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Porteau Cove.-

Missed the Nakaya on the way but decided to keep on going until we hit the beginning of the Porteau 1/4 mile. Caught the Nakaya on the way back and then headed over to the Granthall before getting back to shore.

[youtubehq]Ei8xAKavrwo[/youtubehq]

Porteau Cove.-

Missed the Nakaya on the way but decided to keep on going until we hit the beginning of the Porteau 1/4 mile. Caught the Nakaya on the way back and then headed over to the Granthall before getting back to shore.

[youtubehq][/youtubehq]

That must have been you that passed us...

Sorry about the silt bomb off the starboard bow of the Nakaya... We were experimenting with deploying an smb anchored a few meters off the bottom for a reference point for a series of photos.

The process of anchoring it ended up siltier than expected. (Have to rethink our method) Hopefully you didn't think we were too out to lunch :)

Sent from my Zeagle N2ition

That must have been you that passed us...

Sorry about the silt bomb off the starboard bow of the Nakaya... We were experimenting with deploying an smb anchored a few meters off the bottom for a reference point for a series of photos.

The process of anchoring it ended up siltier than expected. (Have to rethink our method) Hopefully you didn't think we were too out to lunch :)
The silting was just a localized cloud around you guys. Every thing else was the usual vis we can expect at the Nakaya. I managed to capture 7 secs of you guys before I got so confused about what you were doing that I just turned off the camera. After a few more seconds of observation it seemed evident that nobody needed to have a regulator stuffed into their mouth. Thus we moved along -- still confused about the half floated smb.

[youtubehq]jkPcwnPteV0[/youtubehq]

still confused about the half floated smb.

I want to play around with panoramic photo stitching underwater (and a little HDR photography thrown in) -- To get the best results, all the photos need to be taken from the same spot, hence experimenting with a half floated SMB as a reference point.

It actually worked rather well as steady mid water reference. Just need to iron out the anchoring process :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom