Dive watch band extension ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn't Citizen sell their own watch band extension?

But for the price of a watch band extension, you can get a 17" Maratac Zulu strap that beats the heck out of any standard watch band or bracelet.

Maratac Nitrox Dry Suit Watch Band

Just checked out the 17" strap, I have a Waterbourne which only comes out in one size, and with my 7mm it only just fits. Thought great Ill order one or two but as I proceeded to check out noted it said postage to NZ was $0.00, thought thats strange re checked freight options and it advises they do not ship outside of US:shakehead: bummer...

I called Citizen and they were not helpful at all. The person I spoke with did not seem the have a clue what I talking about. They kept trying to sell me the original band I already have, would think they would make one. I am sure I am not he only one withthis issue.
I was hoping not to replace my band as I wear the watch everyday too.

Just checked out the 17" strap, I have a Waterbourne which only comes out in one size, and with my 7mm it only just fits. Thought great Ill order one or two but as I proceeded to check out noted it said postage to NZ was $0.00, thought thats strange re checked freight options and it advises they do not ship outside of US:shakehead: bummer...

CountyComm is just one of many distributors for Maratac bands. Since that Maratac is made in Down Under, I seriously doubt that you Kiwis would have a problem with finding one.

I have a similar problem with my Omega, as the diver's extension in the bracelet will not allow it to fit over my SLT rings. I found the easiest approach was to just leave the band as-is and put it on over the wrist seal, then put whatever glove I'm wearing on over the whole thing. If you're diving dry gloves, of course, that might not work as well.

[Edit: Gah! Caught by a necropost!]

I know you said you don't want to get a new strap but to me the best option is to get a NATO strap, thats what i've used on all of my watches. Wide range of size in one strap, plus it makes you look more like james bond :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom