Dive with Martin or other op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gator Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been reading through the posts and am
still trying to find a good dive op for me.
I a new diver (<30 dives) but have Nitrox certification.
Who would be a good dive op that gives you some
flexibiility with computer and Nitrox. Dive
with Martin seems to be what might work for me.
Any other suggestions.?

There's like a hundred dive ops on the Island.

I've had good luck with the following
DeepBlue
Cabilito del mar
Michelle's

Also heard good things about BlueXTSea and PapaHogs.

Any of these shops should be able to to get you nitrox and tailor a trip to your confort level

for the names. Can anyone comment on their
experiences (good/bad) with any of these
operators?

I believe DWM to be a fine operation. Dove with them in May and will do so again in Oct.. They do a decent job of keeping divers of equal experience together but none are perfect. You should have great time.

newbie-in-fl:
for the names. Can anyone comment on their
experiences (good/bad) with any of these
operators?

I have used both DWM and BlueXT Sea diving. I have had good luck with both. Blue XT is a very well run op and will use them again when I go the next time.

There are about 100 op's on the island and most of them are very good. Check the reviews on other boards and narrow down your search http://travelnotes.cc/reviews/view_..._id=5&cat_name=Dive Shops&ratings_val=15,17,7

Send the dive ops an email and question their services and let them know what you are looking for, and your experience level.

I'll be headed down to Cozumel in September for 2 weeks (6th to 20th). Dive with Martin is who I will be diving with, They definately keep experienced divers apart from the cruise ship "riff-raff" :wink:

I did about 20 or so dives with them last trip. I like that their boats are bigger, just as fast and more comfortable than the smaller boats (8 pax instead of 6 pax) so it's much easier to get geared up. They are definately not a cattleboat operation.

You can't beat their price/performace either. Excellent DM's and captains.

Sincerely,
Lanshark

The last time we were in Coz I intended to dive with Blue XT, though some last minute family problems Christy had to cancel which was a real bummer. Anyway I hooked up with Dive with Martin and had a couple of really nice dives. The DM was good without being over jealous and the price was right and they had a location close to the cruise ship dock which made it convenient.

Next time it will be with Blue XT......

ABQdiver:
The last time we were in Coz I intended to dive with Blue XT, though some last minute family problems Christy had to cancel which was a real bummer. Anyway I hooked up with Dive with Martin and had a couple of really nice dives. The DM was good without being over jealous and the price was right and they had a location close to the cruise ship dock which made it convenient.

Next time it will be with Blue XT......

Thanks Kevin! That was quite awhile ago and before I had my real "A" team! They can take care of things while I'm gone now :) so I don't have to worry about last minute emergencies!

My mom is doing excellent now by the way! Thanks again for your patience and understanding back then and I look forward to meeting you on your next trip!

Deep Blue is my choice. Small groups, quick boats, experienced dive masters, and friendly owners.

looks like Dive with Martin, BlueXTSea, and
DeepBlue keep getting good comments. Anyone
have any negative experiences with any of
them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom