Divemaster Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucian

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I have been reading loads of forums comments etc.. but still can't quite figure out which are the best locations are to complete a dive master internship.

I have always wanted to go to Costa Rica, so i have been looking for internships there , there are some good programmes with go pro , and rich coast diving, but from what I have read the diving isn't that amazing there.

Can anyone that dives regularly in costa rica give me any insight to what it is like?

Also I am considering any of the spanish speaking countries in central america since I am Spanish, I am looking for a good social life with a variety of things to do , but also a big priority is good diving.

Would appreciate any type of guidance on this and possibly recommendations on schools?

Thanks

The diving is awesome. I did my internship with Rocket Frog Divers, which is located in Playa Ocotal (not far from Playas del Coco). I cant recommend them enough. I go back a few times a year and dive with them and also manage their web page. A lot of people who intern with them either stay a real long time, or continue to go back.

The diving is great. Its not like the Caribbean. There isnt the coral reefs you will find there. But there is WAY more marine life. Huge manta rays, lots of white tip reef sharks, bull sharks if you go to the Bat Islands. Huge schools of fish, whales during the right season. I dont think there is any way you would be disappointed with the diving! If you have any specific questions or want to get in contact with the owner of the dive shop let me know or just fill out a form on the website!

Best of luck in your search!

There is also DM internship on Utila which is one of the bay islands in Honduras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom