Divemaster Destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking into doing my divemaster course next March/April while I still have time. After looking around at location, I was thinking either Malapascua (with Threshers) or Mabul (with Scuba Junkie). I was wondering if anyone can help me make this decision or give me some insight about where to go. I would like to stay in Asia because that's were I'll conveniently be.

A little background about my dive history... I feel in love with diving a little over a year ago, and have been diving every 3 months when I have time. I'll be getting my Rescue course soon, and I'm definitely planning on taking that next step to Divemaster. Oh and I'm a girl in my early 20s fyi, so fun/social perks are always a plus. :)

I'd definitely appreciate any advice from anyone! Thanks!

i have never been to mabul but while on malapascua I saw the divemaster training that Evolution were giving their candidate and was very impressed. If you do think malapascua then check those guys out. In general the island is stunning, just A great place to be.

Good luck on your dm course wherever you do it.

Hey Tiff,
Come to Nha Trang, Vietnam! It's a great place to do an internship, especially the time of year you're thinking.
It's not the peak of the high season then, but by the time you end your training it would be into the high season. You'd get loads of experience, and probably over 100 dives in the time it takes to get your cert.
It's a great social area with a two block backpacker district, so you'll be meeting new people everyday from all over the world.
If it sounds interesting send me a pm for more info.

Of the two companies that you mention, I'd pick Scuba Junkie every time. Great staff, very friendly, plus I think the diving is much, much better in Sipadan (even tho' that's not what DM training is about !).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom