Divemaster Fringe Benefits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+ 1 for the guys getting tips. I always give my guys extra in addition to the group tips. the divemasters work their butts off for us. Also an early tip assures extra attention the rest of the week :) (method to my madness).

There are some liveaboards in the Caribbean that provide insurance & paid weeks off, but most don't.

Another question is raised that I am naive about. Do divemasters get paid a minimum wage like tipped employees in the US or is 100% of their income from tips? I was under the impression they were paid a wage and received tips on top of the wage.

Another question is raised that I am naive about. Do divemasters get paid a minimum wage like tipped employees in the US or is 100% of their income from tips? I was under the impression they were paid a wage and received tips on top of the wage.

On most liveaboard boats they get paid very, very, little. The vast majority of their income is derived from tips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom