• Dahab

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Marsa Alam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hurghada

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kappa22

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all from London.

I'm taking some time off work later this year to do my Divemaster qualification in Egypt.

Since I've never dived in Egypt before, I'm seeking some advice regarding where I should be heading. From my limited research the options appear to be Sharm El sheikh, Dahab, Marsa Alam, Hurghada. Would anyone recommend one area over another? Does the diving differ much between them? Do they have good diving schools?

Thanks,

Chris

I would try to make sure that the operator you choose is busy enough to give you the experience you need. Many operators on the Red Sea have closed permanently or temporarily, others have lost much of their business. Though I don't believe Emperor Divers teaches Divemaster, I dived with them in Port Ghalib (Marsa Alam) recently and they were still reasonably busy, running 2 of their 3 large day boats every day I was there, including their specialty trips. You want an operator with steady, reliable business like this

@Crowley may be able to help you, though no longer in Egypt, he has many informed posts in this forum

Best of luck and good diving,

Craig

I think it's at least worth contacting Red Sea Relax. PADI Professional Dive Master and Instructor Courses in Dahab, near Sharm, Egypt

I didn't train with them, but they ran a really tight shop and the people were great to work with. Dahab was very Russian-dominated, so I'm note sure how healthy their business is in the current climate. But I think if you asked Red Sea Relax, you'd get an honest answer.

blue o 2 offer a package in partnership with another operator in hurghada.

Back
Top Bottom