Diver Accident 4/17/2011 Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So saddening! I still remember quite well my dive with her last year at Lake Berryessa's cleanup, mucking about in search of trash. Wish I had a chance to dive with her again, she was a great buddy.

That's terrible news. I have the pleasure of diving with her twice, once in Monterey and once off Catalina. She was a good diver and a wonderful person. My prayers go out to her family and friends.

Not much I can say that hasn't been said by others: great buddy, warm and welcoming person. You will be remembered fondly and with joy. She was also one of the first to welcome me here.

The previous weekend she spotted us in the Breakwater parking lot and give me a big hug wearing her smile the whole time. Kristina always had a smile, and that is how I will remember her.

From our dive club trip to the Channel Islands aboard the Peace boat. We were all pirates :wink:
index.php

Photo credit goes to Scubajunkee
Kristina%20always%20had%20a%20smile,%20and%20that%20is%20how%20I%20will%20remember%20her.

This is very sad news indeed.

My heart reaches out to her son, family, close friends, and Dan B / Dave who helped with the rescue.

Kristina, oh, Kristina. There must have been a reason God chose to take you from us that day. There must have been a reason that Dave and I were chosen to be your dive buddies that day. We never gave up on you, my dearest friend.

As I sit here sobbing like a baby, I already miss you terribly. I miss your infectious smile, your vigor and excitement, your tenacity for bouncing back and coming back to the beauty of being under the sea.

Until we meet again, my friend. Until that time.

Last edited:
Kristina was a shinning light.

The previous weekend was my birthday. She trudged across the Breakwater parking lot with her smiling face and said happy birthday and gave me one of her big hugs. We talked awhile and then as I was leaving she gave me another big bear hug. Those were the only hugs I got that day. I will remember those hugs forever.

She lived every moment in her life and gave everyone she met some of her love. What a sweet person.

I always felt joy when I saw her and she was nothing but kind. Her smile lit up everyone she met. She loved diving and died doing something she loved.

She was a shinning light in the world.

Bless you Kristina and thanks for being my friend.

I will miss you greatly.

ps: I hope she can still read scubaboard to see how much people really loved her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom