Diver death near Tampa FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Coast Guard: Man dies while diving off Anna Maria Island | TBO.com
A 52-year-old man died after he went scuba diving Thursday afternoon, officials said.

The U.S. Coast Guard was contacted by a boater who said a scuba diver returned to the boat in distress and later became unresponsive.

The 23-foot boat was anchored about 12 miles west of Anna Maria Island. Coast Guard personnel arrived and began to administer CPR on the man, whose name hasn't been released.

The man was transported to a boat ramp on Anna Maria Island, where he was pronounced dead, the Coast Guard said in a statement.

In reading these threads I'm beginning to get a sense of a recurring theme contributing to scuba related deaths. Do we know the victim's height and weight?

In reading these threads I'm beginning to get a sense of a recurring theme contributing to scuba related deaths. Do we know the victim's height and weight?
I don't see anything on the net other than the brief story, and we won't know more unless someone there happens to know and posts as it's not likely that the media would dig & post more.

As far as theme, I dunno. If you were to read a hundred such threads here, I think you'd see diver error more than health issues. One all too common mistake is failure to ditch weights when surface buoyancy cannot be achieved and maintained.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off topic posts have been moved to a separate thread. Please remember the special rules for this forum

Back
Top Bottom