Diver Dies Near Catalina, California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deb In Venice

Registered
Reaction score
I just saw this on KABC's website. Anyone have additional information?

Scuba Diver Dies on Catalina Island

LOS ANGELES — A scuba diver died after being taken to a hyperbaric chamber on Catalina Island, the coroner's office said today.

The person was "involved in some type of accident" while participating in a nighttime dive yesterday near the island, according to coroner's Investigator John Kades.

The victim, described only as a male, was taken to a hyperbaric chamber in Avalon. He died about 10 p.m. yesterday, according to Kades.

Further details were not available.

(Copyright 2004 by The CNS. All Rights Reserved.)

Wow, hitting close to home, condolences to the family.

In behalf of the Elguezabal family, I send our dive buddy's family and friends our condolences.

Being on the island on Saturday, it’s a bit chilling to hear of this incident.

My deepest condolences and prayers go out to the diver's family and friends. How very sad.

That is very sad to hear.

My condolences and prayers go out to family and friends.

Maybe there will be more details forthcoming, so that we can somehow help others avoid this in the future.

Christian

At the risk of sounding like an unsensitive ***, I doubt the family is receiving your condolences posted on the forum. Here's some additional information: http://diver.net/bbs/messages/46412.shtml

May I suggest you wait until his name is released and then send a card to the actual family? Or consider making a dive related donation in his name to something like the Catalina Conservatory, etc.

Remember, I'm not unsensitive...just an ***...sometimes...well, alot of the time.

hermosadive:
At the risk of sounding like an unsensitive ***, I doubt the family is receiving your condolences posted on the forum. Here's some additional information: http://diver.net/bbs/messages/46412.shtml

May I suggest you wait until his name is released and then send a card to the actual family? Or consider making a dive related donation in his name to something like the Catalina Conservatory, etc.

Remember, I'm not unsensitive...just an ***...sometimes...well, alot of the time.

hermosadive,

The reason I posted condolences here is precisely because I don't KNOW if the diver's family and friends might see this posting sometime now, or in the future. In the past, that has happened on ScubaBoard. I thought it would be nice for them to see a condolence message instead of just comments on the death of their loved one. Thank you for the link with a little more information.

peace,

jennifer

sapphire:
hermosadive,

The reason I posted condolences here is precisely because I don't KNOW if the diver's family and friends might see this posting sometime now, or in the future. In the past, that has happened on ScubaBoard. I thought it would be nice for them to see a condolence message instead of just comments on the death of their loved one. Thank you for the link with a little more information.

peace,

jennifer
I agree with Jennifer on this and could not have said it better, so I'll just cast my support behind her statement.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom