Diver fatality NJ - Yasuko Okada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Yasuko's sister, Haruko Okada...

Dear friends,

In lieu of flowers, Yasuko would have loved for contributions to go to the Divers Alert Network (DAN), a non-profit organization that provides emergency contact information in case of diving accidents. In the "list name as" field on this donation page (section 2), please specify "[your name], in memory of... Yasuko Okada"

https://www.diversalertnetwork.org/development/donations.aspx

Ray

Dear friends,

In lieu of flowers, Yasuko would have loved for contributions to go to the Divers Alert Network (DAN), a non-profit organization that provides emergency contact information in case of diving accidents. In the "list name as" field on this donation page (section 2), please specify "[your name], in memory of... Yasuko Okada"

Ray

Done. Thanks so much for passing this on, Ray...

Of course, our condolences to her sister and parents...

Dear friends,

Ray

Thanks Ray,

Sent a donation over to DAN in Yasuko's memory. Sorry for your loss.

Our thoughts and prayers to Yasuko, her family and friends.

Wow,I read about this in the Trenton paper this morning,then after reading about her on here it seems to be such a shame to lose a person like her.I used to dive with a girl about her size and style,so I can really feel for the people that were lucky enough to interact with her.Sometimes it makes no sense at all why things happen the way they do. RIP

God needed a dive buddy... and now has a damn fine one!

I have to agree,after reading about her on here ,that would make the most sense.She sounded like a fine diver and an even better person!

Let me add my sincere condolonces to Yasuko's family, friends, and the crew of Gypsy Blood that day. I wish I'd gotten to know her. Thank you for the donation information Ray.

Although I never had the chance to know her, it is clear she was a special person who touched so many in the diving community. Condolences to the family and those whom she touched. Their lives are richer for having known her.

I did not write this, but share these words. You need only read it once as I'm sure it will stay with us for a real long time. Thank you to the fine author:

Subject: loss of a friend.
yasuko,
a gray dawn breaks.
a breeze from the south blows
sea gulls cry as they fly overhead
the bell buoy moans
i taste and smell the salty air

waves crash on a shore of broken hearts.
a ray of light peeks from the clouds.
the sky darkens.
tears fall from the sky

your laughter now silenced.
your smile vanished.
all that are left are memories of you.
you are now in my past.
where i never wanted you to be.

so many questions.
so few answers.
only that you are gone.

i sit on a stone watching the sea.
i feel the cool breeze.
when it stops, a warming hug can be felt.
then the cool breeze returns.

do you know that i am here?
watching and waiting for you.
why did this happen?

there is so much more to this story.
that we will all never know.
only to left to guess at what happened.

may you be on an calm sea.
resting in eternal peace.
please now watch over us all.

i shall carry a part of you with me always.

till we all see you again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom