Diver found dead off Hollywood beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sure they are just signing up now.....along with the Chief of Police and the lead fire Inspector and the Wizard of Oz

Sweet!!! The wizard of oz is signing up! I ALWAYS wanted to meet him, he is my idol!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

In lieu of deleting the last three posts I'm posting this reminder... this is the A&I forum, not the Pub. Please keep the thread on topic and constructive.
Thanks in advance.
Rick

Spoke to a police officer this afternoon who worked the scene. Said he was found in full rigor with 1700 lbs. in the tank, partially inflated bc, and reg in mouth. Mask, and orifices (ears, nose, mouth) were filled with blood. Official COD is listed as drowning. I can't begin to speculate as to what happened based on these facts.

Just a reminder, this forum is for analyzing accidents and incidents when we know the facts. It's not for condolances or well wishes to the families of victims. There are other forums for that.

In this case, there are clearly a lot of facts we simply don't have.

Jeff
If you can point me to some threads in this forum where we had all the facts I'd appreciate it. I don't recall any.

I wonder if the blood is a result of post-death related trauma from either surfacing or descending with blocked cavities (ears & nose)

Well, does sound like he was solo diving - can't post the URL, but Google "Scuba diving accident kills Florida man cdnn" - from the article:

Known as "Rick" to his friends, Losz loved scuba diving and often dived alone at night.

That would be consistent with being in the water 12 hours and explain why there wasn't a dive buddy reporting him missing. Unfortunately, it still doesn't answer why he got into difficulties & died.

Back
Top Bottom