Diver identity - how to increase underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mayday1234

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not the best thread title, but the general gist;
Just returned from an excellent trip to Cozumel - however, since my BCD is black, my fins black, my wetsuit black etc my wife was complaining she was finding it hard to pick me out of the "crowd" - now usually not an issue as we tend to stick close together, but with Cozumel being what it is, and sometimes several groups in the same area, some separation did occur.
I thought about florescent paint on the fins - but the idea of leaving a trail of toxic chips as it flakes off just didn't seem right!
One of the other divemasters was wearing an orange "nemo" hat I thought actually worked well - aside from that any other thoughts?

I have been thinking about painting on my wetsuit with acrylic paint...

i'm not sure if you'd see this in bright sunlight well but you will in low light/dark conditions. There are also different flash patterns you can set plus it comes in 5 different colors.
GLO-TOOB , High performance Signal and diving Light

Scuba Do Rag sells head covers, leg covers, shirts etc. all in crazy patterns. I gave two of my friends my two do-rags (depthfinder and seabra max) - I've never seen anyone with the same one - even in "crowds". ScubaDoRag head gear for scuba divers are made in America

Last edited:
mailbox stickers from home depot with your initials slapped on your bc or tank

twink initials on the fins
hi vis vest
reel with hi glo line on the back of bcd
custom dry suit in snazzy colour scheme
different colour gloves
construction hazard stickers on tank
lots of option just invent something

Take the expensive option, and treat yourself to some shiny new gear - get a fire engine red dry/wet suit, and some sunburst yellow fins and she'll never lose you again (unless you dive with me). Plus you now have an excuse to buy more kit as it's in the interests of safety - and specifically for her benefit lol

I have bright yellow Apollo split fins, and my wife can always pick me out. When I lead dives, I get lots of comments that I'm easy to follow because of my fins

When we were diving on the Big Island, the dive guides all wore yellow t-shirts underwater. It was real easy to spot the guides

Back
Top Bottom