Diver May Need Roommate!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txmanager

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well, I think I crossed the line and spent too much money today. I've been wanting the DataMask since I saw it at the show in Feb. I saved my money and got MOST of the way there but caved in today. The kicker is; they made me a really good deal on the mask AND a new BC. :shakehead: My wife is on her way home so I may be looking for a new roof to put over my head!!! :wink: Robert, do you want to rent out the back part of your boat?!? At any rate, I am now the owner of a DataMask and can't wait to take it on it's first dive. Any other Swampers a proud owner of this piece? The only negative feedback I found was the cable connection. It looks tight but I got it on there ok.

Cable connection? I thought it is hoseless? The boat manual says it sleeps two, so, let me know if you need a place to crash. Just remember, there is no head on the boat but the marina has a public restroom and shower.

It is Hoseless but the connector for the USB interface is in a tight corner. Haven't hooked it up to the computer yet but I think it'll be alright.

It is Hoseless but the connector for the USB interface is in a tight corner. Haven't hooked it up to the computer yet but I think it'll be alright.

There is something totally wrong when you have to plug your mask into your home PC to download your dive profiles.

There is something totally wrong when you have to plug your mask into your home PC to download your dive profiles.

Not if your a F.U.N. diver (favorite underwater nerd) :rofl3:

That is one cool mask when it comes to technology. It's like a pilots cockpit screen only better.

I don't have that kind of money to spend on this new fancy stuff, so please give us a report after you dive with it, pros and cons.

I do have a boat with a head and shower, sleeps 4. But your wife will understand, believe me, no hanging out at the Marina because of the datamask.

Shawn O.

The kicker is; they made me a really good deal on the mask AND a new BC. :shakehead: My wife is on her way home so I may be looking for a new roof to put over my head!!! :wink:

Anytime she gets a little miffed about your dive purchases send her over to see my "scuba closet." One look in there (it's really a small 6x12 room) and she'll quickly start appreciating how much gear you don't have. :D

Anytime she gets a little miffed about your dive purchases send her over to see my "scuba closet." One look in there (it's really a small 6x12 room) and she'll quickly start appreciating how much gear you don't have. :D

Jeesh and all I got for mothers day was well my normal computer and reg set... :D So when you going to use it first ? Is it that neat one that has all your information at eyeball level?

All is ok. She's not as upset as I thought she might be. I guess having most of the funds helped ease the pain. Now I just have to get the rest before the Credit Card Statement comes in. K-Valve - I might take you up on that when it comes time for the next investment!!!

Jeesh and all I got for mothers day was well my normal computer and reg set... :D So when you going to use it first ? Is it that neat one that has all your information at eyeball level?

That it is. Pretty neat once you get it on. I'm hoping I can dive it next week before I hit the road again. I'm still have the problem of weekdays only right now so hopefully someone will come available and buddy up (hint, hint).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom