Diver Missing - Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duroejc

Registered
Reaction score
Search helicopter out last night for a missing diver on Bonaire. No official information, however informed by dive shop that a female diver diving with a group of 7 did not return from a night dive. Not located as of Sunday morning. This was a shore dive.

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2014 at 01:55 PM ----------

Divers body found no official details yet. Believed to be a 57 female

Any more info on this tragic incident.

I'm back in the US now- so don't have access to local information. Seems odd that there is nothing being reported

What is that about late or night dives last days.First Japaneese girls now Bonair

Sent from my Lenovo K900 using Tapatalk

I'm back in the US now- so don't have access to local information. Seems odd that there is nothing being reported

Agree. BT post mentions a heli flying round the bay for 1/2 hr and referenced this post, but nothing more.

Forum Bonaire (facebook) confirms recovery of body. In summary, diver reported missing 5:15 pm Saturday, Feb 22. One of a party of 10. Search started. Body found around 7:20 pm north of Klein Bonaire. Few details.

We also noticed a helicopter and a boat going back and forth. So sorry to hear about the accident. Does anyone know what happened (out of air/heart attack, etc.)? Most of the accidents we have heard about have been due to heart attacks or panic. I've often wondered if there are more dive accidents here on Bonaire since most people do a lot of shore diving without a dive master.

We often hear about dive accidents from friends or dive masters. There is rarely anything mentioned in the Bonaire Reporter about accidents. Guess they figure it's negative publicity.

Marge 33 - welcome! I'm sure there are always accidents, I would hope if someone doesn't return to their hotel, condo or house someone would notice and alert. Given the conditions in Bonaire, I'd like to think there are fewer accidents than places with ripping currents, low viz and bone chilling water. Maybe I'm just optimistic. I do read BR and they don't report a lot of news, more the social aspects of the island.

It is my wife who died in this accident. If anybody has any information whatever, please contact me. I don't get official information, nobody tells me what happened. The dive buddies of my wife will return end of next week. I am so sad she died in her paradise, that's how she called Bonaire, she was there before and very experienced. How could this happen?

So sorry about your wife but you should go to Bonair if you can .Maybie you can find out something more than wait at home.

Sent from my Lenovo K900 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom