Diver Missing - Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blowingbubbles, yes, the Bonaire authorities were less than helpful. Distinct lack of interest.

I truly hope Xaver does not experience the same treatment.

And you base this conclusion on what great in sight or piece of information???? Well an autopsy can determine cause of death. the under lying events are supposition with out witnesses or documentation of equipment failure.

The diver was part of German group diving in Bonaire (this my surprise on the suggestion he contact the US Comsulate) and was reported as diving with them in a buddy team, at the time of her disappearance. I think that might be the first source he might turn to.

It is not a "conclusion". It is a fact based on personal experience with a diver death in Bonaire.

From that personal experience with a diver death in Bonaire, the local authorities did not provide much in the way of help, cooperation, or compassion.

I truly hope things have changed since that time and Xaver gets the help, cooperation, and compassion from the local authorities that was not provided then.

And you base this conclusion on what great in sight or piece of information???? Well an autopsy can determine cause of death. the under lying events are supposition with out witnesses or documentation of equipment failure.

The diver was part of German group diving in Bonaire (this my surprise on the suggestion he contact the US Comsulate) and was reported as diving with them in a buddy team, at the time of her disappearance. I think that might be the first source he might turn to.

It is not a "conclusion". It is a fact based on personal experience with a diver death in Bonaire.

From that personal experience with a diver death in Bonaire, the local authorities did not provide much in the way of help, cooperation, or compassion.

I truly hope things have changed since that time and Xaver gets the help, cooperation, and compassion from the local authorities that was not provided then.

I am sorry to hear about any diving death..and to hear that you has to experience one. And it is a shame to hear that you did not get the help or cooperation you felt you deserved, especially if it was a family member. Please keep in mind that release of information varies from country and legal system to other countries and legal systems. The Dutch are much more restrained in such areas then in the US. An extensive search and recovery operation was initiated once the disappearance was reported.

Terrible to hear about your loss. Condolences to you.
I am sure that the group diving with her and in particular her diving buddy should have a good idea about what happened. Night dives....you should stay close to your buddy , etc , etc.

Xaver,

I am so sad for you. I cried when I saw your post. You add humanity to this Forum... I pray for you and yours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom