Diver pickup fee charged from the Iberoster??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just arrive from Iberostar and is not any fee.
I was diving 2 days with Dive with Martin and the rest with DRESSEL, the operation from Iberostar and I can promise, I prefer 1000 times DRESSEL.

I see bad intentions here :06:

I stayed at the Iberostar last year and noticed that it has a very short dock in reletively shallow water. Easy to bottom out. I heard Iberostar can't build out further like some of the more northern hotels due to being in the park itself. I enjoyed the resort very much. The staff was great. This year staying at the Grande Cozumel in June.

Here is the most recent that I have, from early this month:

"Thank you for writing to Iberostar Cozumel.

Our hotel does allow outside dive operators to pick up our guests at our pier. I have been receiving other emails regarding the same issue, and this is puzzling to me. I have spoken with our dive shop, and they have not had any complaints from guests regarding outside pick ups.

What I can tell you is that these outside companies, must have the necessary paperwork in order, regarding safety and size of boat, in order to use our pier. If these papers are not complete, for our guests safety, we cannot permit them to come to our pier. Daily we have a many outside operators that come to our pier without problems. These outside operators have all their papers and pay the small fee to use our pier. These fee is used to help maintain our pier and keep it in good, safe conditions for all to use.

I hope this information is helpful to you in making your decision to stay at Iberostar Cozumel.

If I can be of any furthe assistance, please let me know.
Sincerely,

Lisa M. Miller
Public Relations Manager
Iberostar Cozumel"

I think that Ms. Miller is putting the PR spin on things as I know for a fact that they were very seriously considering a fee within the past several months.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

For what it's worth, fee or no fee, I will never dive with Dressel again at the Iberostar in Coz. They were disorganized, two of their boats ran into one another (while divers and snorklers were in the water), our dive master was too busy looking at things verses watching over some of the first-dive novices. Maybe it was a bad day for them but over the last two years, I've vacationed at the Iberostar and heard more complaints that at-a-boys.

I've never seen a Dressel anywhere in the Caribbean that I thought was recommendable.

BTW, just responded to your PM RE PDC.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:
Here is the most recent that I have, from early this month:

These outside operators have all their papers and pay the small fee to use our pier. These fee is used to help maintain our pier and keep it in good, safe conditions for all to use.

If I'm reading this portion of the email correctly, the Iberostar's PR rep. is saying that they do charge a fee to outside operators, but she does not say how much is charged, whether it is a lump sum/flat fee per year or whether it's based upon the number of divers picked.

ScubaTexas:
If I'm reading this portion of the email correctly, the Iberostar's PR rep. is saying that they do charge a fee to outside operators, but she does not say how much is charged, whether it is a lump sum/flat fee per year or whether it's based upon the number of divers picked.

Thats the way I would read it too. I guess the question is do all resorts charge a fee for outside ops to use their pier/dock?

If the iberostar is the only resort on coz that charges then I can understand why some ops may be reluctant to do pick-ups there, or if it is overpriced etc. Anybody know for sure?

I like the iberostar resorts but I won't dive with Dressel because I don't feel their value is worth paying almost twice as much as other local ops.

Hi, I'am new here.
We are next month first time in iberostar and want use pick up service (I read nothing positives about dressel).
How can I contact a good diveshop for pick up?
We don't know a shop.
Must we go to the pear and wait for boats from other shops?

There are many wonderful operators on the island that will pick you up at the Iberostar. You should make arrangements well inadvance of your trip. Some good ones are Liquid Blue and BlueXT; there are many others. Some others are not so good. Do a search on Scuba Board and also check out this site for reviews of dive ops in Cozumel.

http://travelnotes.cc/reviews/view_..._id=5&cat_name=Dive Shops&ratings_val=15,17,7

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom