Diver rescued off NC coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quero

Will be missed
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Saved by his FastFind PLB! Got to have the dive canister too I think as even the waterproof models are not good for diving. I think we will rent one for our next trip...

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:47 pm Post subject:

Back from the trip from Hell!
Thanks GOD for getting Randy and me got of that tight spot.
Thanks to Mike for plucking him out and the Coast Guard for relaying the #'s to us. You never can know the feeling of your best buddy missing at sea and you were at the wheel until, God forbid it; it happens to you.
While talking to coasties and seeing him climb on the back of the boat, there are no words for it other than I laid my head on the wheel and cried like a baby. If I can stress anything out of this, if diving no matter what kind; get a PLB. We both have both types. He tried the the lifeline but it was not working, testing now if it was charged. The FastFind is the one that saved our butts. Spend the extra cash and have one or both of these.
Is a couple hundred bucks worth not floating at sea all night or worse your life? Just find my buddy and ask! This is one trip I kissed the dirt when docking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom