Divers and Pilots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My father-in-law is a helicopter pilot. He's retired Army and is now an instructor pilot with a civilian contractor co. at Ft. Rucker in Enterprise, AL teachin' Army pilots how to fly choppers: OH-58D Kiowa.

wet-willie:
I have picked quite a few pilots out by their posts. Not by the terms, just by the thought process in the response.
.Willie
Can you elaborate?

cerich:
Can you elaborate?

Pre-flight, post-flight, proper execution of emergency proceedures, logical and deductive thought process in stressful situations = safe landing/ascent.

Man, the sound of the rotors going Wop-Wop-Wop-Wop as you're pulling some serious pitch coupled with the sound of the chief and gunner working out with the '60's . . .

The Kraken:
Man, the sound of the rotors going Wop-Wop-Wop-Wop
======================================
...as long as it's not the eery wop-wop-wop of the blades during autorotation

Did that once. Once was enough ...

'Slogger

I can't count how many I've done, to the ground . . . and some when I really, really didn't want to!

I'll take an autorotation at 0 ground speed any day to hitting the trees at 70 or 80 knots forward ground speed.

the K

Hey, AskLouis,

About how many hours total did you have when you did your first "hands off" to the ground?

And what octave could you reach when you got to the ground?

the K

I've got my SEL and about 10 hrs away from Inst. There is something to be said to flying yourself to your scuba destination. Now if I had sea rating that would rock.

My first landing/flight was in a c150, and it was "hands-off". I just about pissed myself.

Private Pilot- Single Engine Land

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom