Divers Down watch out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this a troll? This poster has no other posts? A fun way to wreck a reputation?...just wondering

Why do I think we will never hear from diskin again? He came on, whined to try and bad mouth an op that to me had a couple issues, but nothing like his own incompetence and that of the other people in his group. I do hope we hear from the operator and then close this thread. I'm getting really tired of people blaming dive ops, DMs, Instructors, God,etc for their own lack of basic skills.

Jim, I think diskin should read your book! It might have helped him.

Later Mon,
Nick

Is this a troll? This poster has no other posts? A fun way to wreck a reputation?...just wondering

Nothing to see here :)

Old post from a poster whose last activity was on...
Join DateFebruary 12th, 2009
Last Activity
February 16th, 2009 12:53 AM

For the avoidance of doubt:

Divers Down is just as good a dive op as most others here, provided the divers are competent. As others have said more eloquently, dive ops are not babysitters. Their obligation is to transport you safely to an interesting location where the viz is decent and the current is mild (< 0.5 knots). Then you dive, using your training. If you are concerned about your ability to do so safely, hire a DM as a buddy (and take a refresher course). Simple, really.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom